PBM.exe problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sargento Siro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-21-2011

Hi everyone,

Anyone can say to me what is the PBM.exe?
when i play a match in league of legends it appears in my task manager in the process
and when it's running i cant use any browser (i tested mozilla and Chrome)
if anyone knows how fix this plz tell me

good bye

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2011

PMB is Pando Media Booster, the program used to download League of Legends when you install it. You can remove this from add/remove programs after you've installed the game if you don't want it any more :-)

Sargento Siro

Recruiter

05-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
PMB is Pando Media Booster, the program used to download League of Legends when you install it. You can remove this from add/remove programs after you've installed the game if you don't want it any more :-)
it doesnt go to make problems with the patch?

Eambo

05-21-2011

Nope, Pando is only used during the initial install of the game - the patches are downloaded via the game, not Pando :-)

IseshatI

05-21-2011

eambo http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...26#post9071326 please consult post and help me please!

Dracondemon

05-21-2011

Riot should actually have info in the download page about Pando Media Booster's purpose and uninstalling it after. This program is pretty easy to get rid of fortunatly.

But if you ever DL something from Aeria/Alaplaya as example, they place a hidden P2P disguised as a microsoft svchost thats unremovable.

These programs only true purpose is for DL/seeding of a huge file, and stay triggered on to become a seed for more people to DL from. So if ya live in Canada those things murder your monthly bandwidths!

Faceplow

12-29-2011

Thank God I found this post. This thing was killing my games. Couldn't for the life of me figure out why my ingame ping was going from 150 to 25k and made it so the game was completely unplayable.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!