In game voice communication

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zebil

05-21-2011

I have wanted this from the moment i started playing.

In other posts, things that have been asked from other players is the ability to see who is group queuing vs who is single queuing. The reasons for wanting to know this type of information once the game has started is pretty obvious to most, if you know Player A & B, group queued; the chances they are using some type of voice communication and of course playing multiple times with someone would give the advantage of knowing how they play and so forth. But not to get away from the main subject. The ability to speak to each other allows smoother game play. So why not give this option to everyone?

I ask that Riot comment on this thread and if possible give some type of time frame on something as critical as this will be implemented.

With this being implemented. Options should be given of course.
Ability to turn off / Turn on
Mute your mic
Mute other players.

Also hot keys to turn the mic on and off such as ventrilo so that feed back wouldn't be a huge issue.

If Riot is not willing or capable of making a system of their own, why not talk with ventrilo or skype for a build in system.
I would rather use a ventrilo bases system than skype, because of being able to turn on and off the mic such as skype is always on.

Zebil

05-22-2011

/bump

really 120 people have read this and not a single other likes the idea to give it a /bump or a comment?

DaejinTye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2011

Ehh... Of course in-game voice is over-all a good thing. I doubt anyone will say otherwise. The only problem is how people will use the in-game voice.

Most of the time, in games like this or other "team" games, in-game voice leads to far more misuse, than it does help with team communication. If you're THAT worried about voice, try to find a few pre-man friends to queue with and use a chat program such as Ventrillo, Teamspeak or Skype.

The biggest (possible) problems I see with this are:
1) Bad Voice Quality. From jus' bad quality on Riot's part, to people w/ bad mics, fans etc simply irritaitin' you to no end,

2) You think it's bad enough with someone typing "OMFG! STOP FEEDING! NOOB TEAM! /UNINSTALL"? Well, try havin' some 10 year old brat screaming that at you non-stop with a mass ammount of curse words since their parents are too busy to discipline him.

3) Idle Chit-chat. I will MUTE this ********er if he says one more thing about Mr. Snuggles!! (A bit extreme, but I HAVE been there before...) Eventually, you got 2 or 3 people on mute because you don't want to hear about their personal lives which nothing happens, and they're tryin' to sound cool. Then stuff happens. You don't hear any call, no pinging or anything. You're the "problem" on the team, simply because you forgot to unmute them 25 minutes later for teamfights.

\Rant

TL : DR
Usually causes more problems than solves them. Jus' try to find a few people who don't mind using a chat program.

Zebil

05-24-2011

/bump

puppy match

05-24-2011

I agree with Daejin, and I don't think the voice chat is utterly that important at this stage.
As it doesn't make or break the game.
Voice chat is only good if friends playing in premade...most of the time it will be misused (or whatever issue surfaced will be mainly the bad ones...)

I bet you aren't the first to suggest this...

NOTE:
too bad I don't see a sticky thread that "updates" from time to time with previously suggested ideas...
And potentially explain why not accepted or future plans regarding the idea...or simply "read, taken into consideration"

PirEdit

05-24-2011

As a former HoN player, I can't say that I've run into a whole lot of people who had annoying fans or idle chit-chat going on on their mics. Most of the ragers didn't bother using mics as well. Not totally sure why that was. More personal, I guess.

Whether people abuse it or not, in-game voice chat should be implemented. I think it's something that would help the community grow more communicative, which can only be good.

Of course, the main problem is almost definitely implementation, not convincing Riot that it's a good idea. So I'm sure it will be added eventually. Right after Magma Chambers.

On that note, who's for Riot not coming out with any new champions for a month or two and working on bugs, server stability, Magma Chambers, and any other non-champ/non-skin content? Won't happen, since they get all their money from champs and skins. But we can dream. -sigh-

Grutor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2011

There's so many free VOIP programs out there, skype, ventrilo, xfire....

Devil Sloan

05-25-2011

i use skype, ventrilo, and xfire

for my games

xTrizzx

05-25-2011

The only thing I see that would cause Riot to not put this into the game is the lack of ability to monitor what is said. If the voice communication is implemented then people will most likely not type in game. This would make punishing or pardoning players more difficult.

Revanence

05-26-2011

I use skype or Ventrilo. Skype is free and its got great quality. Teamspeak is free but I really dont like how its set up.

When WoW implemented their own built-in VOIP i never used it.