Guide: Ezreal The Prodigal Explorer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khranz

03-17-2010

Ezreal seems like a good candidate for Occult/Mejai's given his flash ability + summoner escape abilities of any kind make him good at running away.

That said, I've been toying with a build based around ArchAngel's, Lichbane, Rageblade and Nashor's Tooth. Going straight for a Tear of the Goddess gives him the mana he needs to spam a lot, which is hugely important on AP Ezreal. Depending on how quickly you get your first kill (or death) Mejai's would be a good addition. I've also toyed with throwing in Frozen Heart (or it's baby brother), as the big mana boost + CDR helps him immensely... not to mention helps make him less squishy.

Basically the above build strategy is to address his biggest pitfall, which is his mana pool IMHO... though without sacrificing damage output. An early RoA (right after AA) might even be appropriate.

He certainly seems versatile, and I'm sure he could be built effectively quite a few ways... more distinctly than other characters too.

Nave222

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khranz View Post
Ezreal seems like a good candidate for Occult/Mejai's given his flash ability + summoner escape abilities of any kind make him good at running away.

That said, I've been toying with a build based around ArchAngel's, Lichbane, Rageblade and Nashor's Tooth. Going straight for a Tear of the Goddess gives him the mana he needs to spam a lot, which is hugely important on AP Ezreal. Depending on how quickly you get your first kill (or death) Mejai's would be a good addition. I've also toyed with throwing in Frozen Heart (or it's baby brother), as the big mana boost + CDR helps him immensely... not to mention helps make him less squishy.

Basically the above build strategy is to address his biggest pitfall, which is his mana pool IMHO... though without sacrificing damage output. An early RoA (right after AA) might even be appropriate.

He certainly seems versatile, and I'm sure he could be built effectively quite a few ways... more distinctly than other characters too.
I tried RoA in a pratice game it worked out though it might not be viable in a real game if one cannot muster the cash for it as a first item without some major farmin or gankin

Rushing tear seems good

i tried nashor and guinsoo and it worked out very well had 1.7 attk speed for the most part

i been wanting to try frozen heart how did that work?

I been wondering i should add things that add hp since he is already omega squish but he needs mana too so not sure in that depo

Khranz

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave222 View Post
I tried RoA in a pratice game it worked out though it might not be viable in a real game if one cannot muster the cash for it as a first item without some major farmin or gankin

Rushing tear seems good

i tried nashor and guinsoo and it worked out very well had 1.7 attk speed for the most part

i been wanting to try frozen heart how did that work?

I been wondering i should add things that add hp since he is already omega squish but he needs mana too so not sure in that depo
The only time I've tried Frozen Heart my team had a couple feeders and we got seriously curb-stomped, but the mana + CDR definitely helped me stay in lane. I think I went Tear, Boots, Shield and then Tear > AA, but never got the full heart. Might have been better to go straight for AA for the AP/burst dmg.

Lehran Fye

03-17-2010

Well i've been playing some games with ezreal and let me tell you that maxing Q first with an AP build from my point of view aint good. Q as far as i know gives like base damage + 100% of ur attack damage, so all ur money u've wasted into soul stealer, AA staff, RoA, etc etc (insert AP item there) wont be increasing its damage output; by the other hand W and E scales pretty well with AP increasing they raw power.
If im going with and AP build, ill increase this stats: Q first and then maxing either E and W leaving Q to the end (maxing his ult whenever possible).
Im not claiming mastery over Ezreal or something of the sort. I'm just giving my thoughts to help improve this guide.

LTK Goggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2010

I actually just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to make this
I am a no noob but I hate going into normal games without some practice
and info on my new hero (to avoid loses) and this actually came pretty
handy , not only for the item build although of course I change it a bit
I enjoyed the very good skill tree build. First time I ignored it , second time
I followed it but made little use of it . was doing good though , positive ratios
in all my games n my last game I finally got a bit aggressive with the
teleport n man is that an amazing nuke for last second shots.
Once again, thanks . I highly appreciate this . Very good job.

Wakim

03-18-2010

This guide is trash, you sounds like a moron that doesn't even go positive.

God of Life

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakim View Post
This guide is trash, you sounds like a moron that doesn't even go positive.
Lol, you came onto my guide said this, then you come here and say this? I bet you have been saying this all over the place...sad...

God of Life

03-18-2010

I spent my good time on my guide...Check it out.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...876#post853876

Empyron

03-18-2010

Just wanted to say: I like the guide. It reminds me of how I thought out how best to play this char. I agree with almost everything you say except I don't know about having only Sheen for mana improvement there. Ez is a spammer and I think Tear is a necessary evil on this char. I am torn on Mejai's too. He IS squishy and does get focused but if you're good I'd say sure get it, if not, I would go for something else.

So final build for me would look pretty much like yours :

Lich Bane
Tear
Boots
Zhonya's
Rylai's
(whatever)

Supreme1337

03-18-2010

Have you thought about going for complete CD reduction? You could get something along the lines of Glacial Shroud (-->Frozen Heart), Haunting Visage, Nashor's Tooth, and anything else with a CD redux. That should let you spam his skills, eventhough you loose the big AP bonus. If you get a Rageblade later, you could also charge it really quickly with this.

Just a thought (it might be really stupid, but I thought I'd just put it out there).