Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

firewall blocking?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleFungi

03-17-2010

k well game crashed it said my firewall was blocking it i looked into it to find it wasn't blocking it was allowing and now cant get in so considering quiting wasting to much time not able to play

Tapeworm

03-17-2010

Same thing happened to me. Allowed me to go through the whole process of picking champ etc, and then 1 minute into game, kicked me out. Then continue to tell me to check my firewall... help anyone?

Bananasaur

03-17-2010

Aye , i have same problem. Game froze for me and my friend , and after 5sec it say reconect , and BADA BING , it say u can not reconnect and that maybe firewall is blocking but its not a case. So please now i cant reconnect to game, i cant even start new game so if u can help with this problem will be incredible nice

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-17-2010

Sometimes with the new patch, the updated executable is no longer listed in any firewall, anti-virus, or specific game exceptions you might have setup. Run through this thread, http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=52018 for basic security troubleshooting, especially the portion on checking to see if your ports are actually open.

BlackCat9001

03-17-2010

Well this is happening to a ton of people, and it's not a firewall issue. The thread where everyone was posting about it was removed though, was in the server section.

The Last Exile

03-17-2010

Okay this is the answer you guys want: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=76461

The same thing happened to me and yes, i get the firewall message too but there is no problem with any of your settings. I logged onto my bro's account and its fine (though i did not try to start a game). My account however is stuck on the re-connect screen. As far as I have been able to figure out we just have to wait an hour or so. Unfortunately I do not believe the leaver mark can be erased (i do not speak for riot, im just a player). It would involve finding every single acount that had been disconnected during this time and determining which disconnect was actually because of the problem. Hope I helped.

Bananasaur

03-17-2010

Thank u a lot for this link.

TheKingofEloHell

03-17-2010

"Unable to connect server. If you are have a firewall it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?"

That's what it says when I try to connect, annoying as hell it is, and i left two different team hanging, I feel bad, so as anyone else run accross this and get better on its own? Or do I have to do something?

RealmLeader

Kilolas

03-17-2010

Same thing is happening to me, and I just bought an IP boost...

Spencer1000

08-09-2011

Well same thing is happening to me and the thread someone posted isnt helping because I have been reading through it for like 2 hours and still havent found the answer......