New Free Champions (Week 17)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suino

03-25-2010

Oh man i hate the grab of blitz please week 18

Jeseiscool

03-25-2010

Wow you guys really too busy to change the rotation?
Its been 8 days...
That is 1day over a week.

Vindico Atrum

03-25-2010

Only cheap champions should be free. Its a massive kick in the balls to spend 6k IP on anivia to have her free for everyone for a week. I bet there is players who never unlock any champions, and play purely on free rotations.

Raccool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
Only cheap champions should be free. Its a massive kick in the balls to spend 6k IP on anivia to have her free for everyone for a week. I bet there is players who never unlock any champions, and play purely on free rotations.
And that's the point, duh. It's a casual friendly game. After that week, others won't be able to play Anivia anymore and you'll be the 1 in 100 like me who still plays her. Also, the free week gives the chance to try before you buy (so you don't waste 6k IP on a champ you don't like and will never play.) i've waited until now for Udyr to be free so I could try him out before i spend the 3k IP to buy him. It's a risk and I want to make sure it pays off. It's smart thinking on Riot's end because otherwise you'd have everyone complaining about how they bought a champ and can't sell them back when they don't like them. Plus, it's more fun. It'd get too stale to only have the same 5-10 champs free week after week. They did this intentionally to make the game more fun. So chill out and enjoy your champs. Don't be so worried about how much someone else is enjoying the game. (and if you're looking for a game that's only for the hardcore, perhaps you should look elsewhere.

EDIT: Also, new champs are up.

WantedOne

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsession View Post

the point of free champions are for variety and testing them, if you spend IP on a champ, knowing its free the next week without knowing your going to like it or do well, thats your problem.

i bought twitch 2-3 weeks ago...big mistake, i hate him, but a lesson i have learned is: know whats free or hope they will soon :P

My l33t Pony

04-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthezar View Post
Thaaat's the point. 6300, not playable for a few weeks: people buy him with Riot points for lack of patience, Riot makes money
i cant belive people buy RP for new champions :P u have all time to get to know the other champions till u get enough ip to buy a new :P