[Discussion] AP vs AD Ezreal

12345612 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2 Vaynez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-17-2010

I personally love AP, while I agree that he has mana problems, I think it's more early game mana problems. This is the build I've been using: Catalyst - Boots - RoA - Banshee's Veil(situational for sure) Rylai's - Lich Bane. It usually ends before the Lich Bane, but I've had one game where I was able to buy it. It's more of a tanky AP build, but it has worked for me.
As for which lane to take, I've only soloed mid, there's not been a better suited char to take it. It's not bad and I've had a bunch of kills early on from the ult, but I think he would be a good laner as well.
I've also found that skill wise Q makes for great last hitting (but I'm told I'm an awful last hitter :P), so if you're bad at last hitting I recommend taking Q, if not then I really like to max E first, then level W, as Q doesn't scale with AP.
Edit: As for Runes: Magic Pen Marks, MP5 Seals, CDR Glyphs, and HP Quints.

PatMcGroyne

03-17-2010

Kill Goem mana Problems solved... Trueshot barrage and essence flux are just way too go for team fights... You can hit multiple people and completely tip the scales... Not to mention if you hit the same person with boith skills and then hit them with your homing arrow you will do about 2k dmg... Which will kill squishies and if it doesnt kill them they wont be joining the fight anytime soon.

Zerethon

03-17-2010

AP Ezreal with an Inf edge/Frozen mallet/Etc late-game if needed

Most people dont survive a sheen-fueled Shift -> flux -> Myst shot -> Ultimate however, since MShot at 3+ does upwards of 300 damage anyways as AP

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

Last hitting is key with either build so a cpl point into Q early seems necessary to me.

As Ezreal is a skill shot Champ I really only burn my mana to fast if I am using W to harass or buff/heal an ally. Otherwise if I pick my shots I have been fine with a meki pendant and one mana pot till I port back and usually grab boots and chalice. As I do not use W or E except for getting to the last hits on Champs or in group fights my mana reserves hold out fine for my needs. I rarely have to actually go back for only mana or if I do its because there is an opportune time to send my Ulti down the pipe of a lane for a group fight.

Speaking of skill shot fyi it takes a little practice but the actual hit boxes of things are usually shifted a little to the side. Once you figure out the size and direction u can get pretty good at sniping ppl through groups of minions.

Also someone complained about his range really? W has one the longest ranges in the game it is just an extreme skill shot vs Ashe fire in the area.

While I do not disagree with Ezreal being mid, I am unconvinced he is a better option compared to better farming Champ's. Even with AD builds it has taken me more then 4 seconds to clear minion waves late game. While other normal mid Champs can clear large waves in less then 4 seconds. This just inevitably means more pressure on your tower and more time u are likely under it.

Kikhan

03-18-2010

bump

Also i recant a hair on my last reply with both AP and AD builds. I have gone into large minion waves with stacks of rageblade and passive haste. Allowing me to clear a large wave relatively quickly. It still costs a bit of life to do and still isn't as fast as others can do but, I was surprised at the rate I could do it in none the less.

Xaerael

03-18-2010

Quick question, does Lich Bane's Ability Power damage add-on count as Magic Damage or Attack Damage?

Meta

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerael View Post
Quick question, does Lich Bane's Ability Power damage add-on count as Magic Damage or Attack Damage?
I believe Lich Bane, Sheen, and Trinity Force all do Physical Damage.

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

03-18-2010

I'm sorry but when I think of ezreal I think the most beneficially thing you can do is stack on hit debuffs since mystic shot will apply them or have auras since he is a carry/support. Stay in the back as mentioned earlier and use w to heal your carry while tossing in q spells buffed by Malady, Black Cleaver, possibly Frozen Mallet for the health. This way your carry can focus on raw damage/attack speed and your debuffs do the work for him.

If your carry already is going that way get the auras. Stark's (toss in essence flux = 45-65% increased attack speed for teammates), and Aegis since you'll be sitting mid to back team auras are better than debuff auras.

Either way you wait until you have stacks on your passive before you jump in the fray yourself, but keep your allies in range of possible auras.

Personally I would focus on stark's, black cleaver, and aegis, then pick up survivability. Yes I understand that you won't be healing for as much as an AP build but imo if your DPS carry does not have lifesteal that would benifit more from increased attack speed/enemy armor debuffs, then they shouldn't be your carry.

Kikhan

03-18-2010

Assuming their is not a Champ that synergizes and picks up those items in their regular builds then I say that is very noble of you to pick up those items. If hanging back and buffing your team like that is your play style then I hope you pick up some AP and skill up W first and make that your focus.

Black Cleaver just seems like a bad idea unless you are going entirely a AD attack speed build. You are not going to be able to get the 5 stack up just hanging back using Q.

As Weta said Lichbane and similar items say in their description next (auto) attack does damage modified by stated amount of AP.

Meta

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikhan View Post
As Weta said Lichbane and similar items say in their description next (auto) attack does damage modified by stated amount of AP.
You turned my M upside down =(

12345612 ... 19