Installation Error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Milonti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

So like a lot of people, i had the problem of not being able to download this patch. I know why now, it was because i had edited the HeroPak_Client file. However, I figured I would do a reinstall to fix it.

The problem is, I CANT REINSTALL. The **** set-up keeps giving me a CRC error saying that a file in the folder its installing (which doesnt exist till i install) doesnt match the one in the set-up's .cab file.

I've redownloaded the installler like 5 times, and each time it gives me this error. If i ignore it all the way through (which is over 200 times, it seems to happen for at least half the images in the game), it then asks me to put in a disk with the location of the data3.zip file.

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on? This same thing happened for me when i tried to install the test realm last week to do the twisted treeline event T_T

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-17-2010

CRC errors are issues with data validation between expected files and actual data when you're trying to install. This is usually either related to corruption with your individual files (more commonly a scratched CD) or with the installer itself. If you're able to download the client without issue (no interruptions that might cause the corruption) then most likely it's a problem with the windows installer.

Milonti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

I'll try to control my rage since I know its not your fault and you're trying to help. I understand what the nature of the problem is, it's somewhat evident by the error box. I've installed the game on the OS (Windows 7) before, from your downloader and installer. I didn't have this problem until recently when the test realm give-away happened. It wouldn't let me install then either.

Is there any other installer that I can download that might fix this problem? I can install other programs fine, this only happens with LoL. Might a Zip file or something show up with the entire game contents? I'd rather wait a ridiculous d/l time than still have this error >.<

PhotoClickx3

03-16-2011

Ummmmmm im trying to download LOL but at the installation its asking for a data3 stuff and i dont have it is there anyway to fix it?