unable to connect to server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spiffysauce

03-17-2010

I understand that there have been posts about this before so i apologize for kicking a dead horse, but after the recent patch whenever i try to join a game i get through the champ select screen and then while the game attempts to switch to the ingame mode i get a message that reads "unable to connect to server, if you have a firewall, it might be blocking the connection. please refer to your firewalls documentation. would you like to try to reconnect?" and of course the retry button does not work. i have tried all settings with my firewalls, and uninstall/reinstalled my game twice now. i have been through most all of the things in the "toolbox common fix link" that has been given out. so i dunno where to go from here. i would keep trying different things. but after my third leaver mark with no success i figured i would see if anyone could help with something more specific than a link.

thank you in advance

TheKingofEloHell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffysauce View Post
I understand that there have been posts about this before so i apologize for kicking a dead horse, but after the recent patch whenever i try to join a game i get through the champ select screen and then while the game attempts to switch to the ingame mode i get a message that reads "unable to connect to server, if you have a firewall, it might be blocking the connection. please refer to your firewalls documentation. would you like to try to reconnect?" and of course the retry button does not work. i have tried all settings with my firewalls, and uninstall/reinstalled my game twice now. i have been through most all of the things in the "toolbox common fix link" that has been given out. so i dunno where to go from here. i would keep trying different things. but after my third leaver mark with no success i figured i would see if anyone could help with something more specific than a link.

thank you in advance

Same exact thing has befallen me, and I would just like to thank you for taking care to do all things that would have been a huge pain for the rest of us, especially when it would not have worked. I am hoping that the Moderators will offer some sort of advice or rather HELP!!! soon, I hate the two leaver marks I've gotten as well. It screams INJUSTICE.

RealmLeader

spiffysauce

03-17-2010

sorry but i have to bump this. its been over 2 days since the patch and i still have gotten zero help. i know others are having the same problem. even if someone can find an unofficial way to fix this ill try anything at this point

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-18-2010

Please run through these steps to make sure you're not blocked by a router firewall.

1. Make sure you open your Network Ports
2. Make sure open ports are open

spiffysauce

03-18-2010

i have opened all the ports youlisted before you even posted that. like i said i have done about everything the cookie cutter threads recommend. can you at least answer me what the problem is? like is it something u have never seen before so you dont know how to approach it? or am i done playing lol forever cause i cant join games anymore? or what

Ol Stuey Here

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2010

i am also becoming very frustrated with the same error. i want to play LoL. i dont want to call ti quits just cause after the recent patch i cant join games... ive been troubleshooting for 3 days now. between calling my isp, following walkthrough after walkthrough im feeling like i need to give up. somebody do something. why are so many of us facing this same problem? my comp was running fine before the latest patch

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-18-2010

I would also try changing to a pub DNS to see if it helps...

http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...ic+DNS+Servers

Aertyr

03-20-2010

This error is still going on... No response from riot...

Aertyr

03-20-2010

We have updated his firewall, opened his ports, made exceptions for the launcher and the ports, everything. Still nothing. RIOT! Help!

EDIT: Also changed DNS, didn't work either.

Aertyr

03-21-2010

Shameless bump. Many users are still experiencing this and no word from riot.