Too many rude players.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaptorSenpai

05-20-2011

I've played this game since the open beta, and I've noticed the community has degraded rapidly ever since it became a very largely popular game. It attracts a ton of different gamers, which is great! But the quality of the players is absolutely terrible.
I know online games (especially F2P ones) attract tons of trolls, hicks, and generally jerk-off players. But in my opinion league of legends has the worst community I have ever interacted with, as compared to Warcraft, or even HoN (and no, I'm not a HoN/WoW fanboy, I love league of legends, I just hate the fan-club).

For the past week every second game I have played in has had people who are so disgustingly rude I feel sick when I see what they write
I /ignore them and they proceed to feed and ruin the game for everyone. An example of that would be one player in a game yesterday said: "lol u have downsyndrome sum1 shud curbstmp it out of u".

This is terrible for so many reasons. One being that a mental condition or birth defect should never be joked about, especially in a serious case such as downsyndrome. Secondly being that people have relatives, or friends who have relatives that have downsyndrome. My uncle for example has downsyndrome, and to think of someone doing what the above person mentioned makes gag.

Another thing I have noticed is people are rude for no reason at all, I'll be playing a game as karthus for example, and ask for middle lane. Someone is walking down to middle already and I say "Ashe (or any other character) could you please go bot/top?". Immediately Ashe or another player in the game says "cool down scrub" or "shut the fck up and deal with it"
Why do you have to be rude?Why do players feel the need to respond to everything with an insult? Do you feel good about yourself when you make your epeen grow to massive proportions because you said "u mad" thirty times in a row?

In addition, lots of players have bad games, maybe we got creep blocked and wrecked by that Malzahar ult, maybe we weren't paying much attention and we got ganked. If a player is having difficulty, help them out. If one person is doing bad the whole team starts to do bad (unless you have some total beast carrying the whole team). And the player doing badly will be getting frustrated, leading to more mistakes. So unless you don't get a boost to morale soon it will most likely only go downhill from there.

tl;dr Stop being rude, if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything (and yes I know that's hypocritical due to ^^ above post). If you are friendly to your team, they will be friendly to you, you will communicate a hell-of-a lot better, and will result in games being more enjoyable.

RaptorSenpai

05-20-2011

Buried by random OP threads. Bump

Sabirwolf

05-20-2011

The only thing you can do sometimes is use the /ignore command on them in game, and hope you can still win even without hearing them.

One time my lane mate and I were doing kinda badly cause my lane mate decided to run off into the jungle to get golems, then betate me for "pushing" when I was killed in front of our turret by the other two players. I promptly told him where to stick it, then after more of his bile, put him on ignore, and we played the rest of the game happily ever after and went on to dominate.

Blackthunder77

06-14-2011

it's just human nature, people are think they are the **** and want to be "king" in their life. That is why power corrupts every human being. We all have a tendency to abuse power if we had the chance. In relation to your complaints, humans can be wretched beings.

Revive Is OP

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imumybuddy View Post
If a player is having difficulty, help them out.
But... http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=832618

Feminist Leona

06-14-2011

I am sorry, man. Friend me up. I'm a nice player.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

The best trick for me to stop myself from being annoyed is to read everything written in the game with Elmos voice from Sesame Street....it works wonders

AnxAlbumxCover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Coming from Starcraft 2 where manner is expected, I know exactly what you're saying. There's no reason for a response to my "gl hf" to be "STFU". Why would you do that?

I have a feeling it's at least in part to the fact that the game is free. Sure you get bm in other games that you have to pay for, but not as much, at least that's been my experiences--feel free to contradict me.

TeachezofPeachez

06-14-2011

I don't care if I get thumbs down, I agree with the original poster. Sometimes I just have to quit playing for the day because of things like this. It hurts because I love this game so much.

Bleepman

06-14-2011

SC2 is troll central. All anyone does is talk, or cheese or kill their own team.

Secondly. Part of being a true gamer. Is being able to slap people with you E-peen
Because, non pro-gamers need to learn their place.