Best Tank Champions to Learn

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRealMcCoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-17-2010

I am currently level 23 and really enjoy playing tanks over anything else. I tend to play pretty aggressive as a tank and make opportunities for my teamates to destroy whoever is on the other team. Right now I mainly play Cho' Gath and Alistar. I'm looking at expanding my tank champions and learning some new ones. Which Tanks are the most effective in higher levels and most sought after. Which are hard to learn? Which are hard to learn but worth learning? By learning I mean becoming effective with and having enough of a knowledge of that you can compete in a high-ELO level.

Thanks!

Nucmam

03-17-2010

Based on my experience I've seen Alister and Rammus win the most games for their team as tanks.
1. Alister and Rammus
2. Ammu and Cho - Although I find Amu only wins games because of his ult. So if his ult is on CD he's not nearly as good as the other tanks.
3. Malphite is also good initiator and shutdown tank for guys like Twitch and Eve

I've seen some pretty good hybrid tanks but I honestly think those players are just good and has little to do with their actual heroes.

TheRealMcCoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-17-2010

Thanks, thats what I had been hearing. I'm considering buying rammus. What about singed and taric.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

03-17-2010

I would say this really depends on what kind of player you are....

If you plan on doing tournaments or high level play then I would suggest Taric (at least until he gets nerfed)

If you're just going to be doing some solo q'n then I would absolutely recommend Malphite. He's not a great tank as far as taking damage but his abilities (at lower levels) win teamfights which win games. Plus hes just more fun to play imo.

trafugial

03-17-2010

I like to use nasus as tank. Been playing with malphite lately and he just seems to require the right team.

Riot aBhorsen

eSports Coordinator

03-17-2010

If your looking to play a tank at High Elo then i'd say just work on perfecting Alistair.

ShirAhn

03-17-2010

Hi there,

I have played allot of champs including some tanks. My personal choice although it might not even be a "full" tank is Mordekaiser. I have had some games where I can survive 3-4 people hitting me and actually kill one of there squishies.

However playing Mordekaiser has its flaws. Al he has is his shield. Its very powerfull, but once its gone, you have nothing else. You dont have a stun/teleport/dancing monkey or anything else to save you.

Basicly what this comes down to is that if you can fight back, you can recharge your shield and you can hold out for a long long time. With his ultimate you can also drain allot of life, most of the time enough to keep you alive. Thats my experience atleats.

I have to admit that Im totally biased though, I just love this giant metal man.

TheRealMcCoy

Recruiter

03-17-2010

I've also been interested in Mordekaiser for that very reason. It seems like I should continue playing Alistar, and maybe buy Taric, Rammus, and Mordekaiser.

GuyGin

03-17-2010

There are, sadly, not nearly enough tanks in this game.

To add insult to injury, most of the so called "tanks" don't even have skills that make them last longer in a fight beyond their passive.

That said, initiators do win fights and so do tanks. Alistar seems amazing with his ult. Rammus is great because he scales awesomely with defense and MR. Malphite is an amazing initiator, but if your team isn't good, they will just let you initiate and watch you die, which is painful at times.

Riot aBhorsen

eSports Coordinator

03-17-2010

Morde is a very strong tank in the fact that he is hard to hurt, however he has no intiate or CC to make him an ideal tank.

12345 ... 6