Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Alistar build help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ordained

03-17-2010

So recently I picked up Alistar and have been enjoying the switch from Trist/teemo his laning presence on the side lanes feel just as strong as either one. And I have felt fairly successful with him.

The way I have been building him pretty as an aura ***** early game starting out with a mana manipulator, boots, then aegis then finish up my soul shroud. Depending on how the game is going I'll either pick up a sheen for a little extra burst or a sunfire cloak for a little extra health and the aura. I go 21 down the defensive tree with cleanse/flash. For runes I have 19 hp at 18 in yellow Armor pen in red from playing trist/teemo, and blue is still the mana per 5 runes with hp runes in quints.

I'm curious though is there a more effective way to build. And what should I be putting in red/blue runes?

Archeus

03-17-2010

One thing I would suggest you try out is getting Tear of the Goddess asap. It really does sort out your awful mana pool. I don't think I could ever go back to not using it as Alistar. Not to mention your Pulverise and knockback have a 1:1 AP ratio so it's a nice little damage boost if you build the Arch Staff!

Ordained

03-17-2010

Quote:
Archeus:
One thing I would suggest you try out is getting Tear of the Goddess asap. It really does sort out your awful mana pool. I don't think I could ever go back to not using it as Alistar. Not to mention your Pulverise and knockback have a 1:1 AP ratio so it's a nice little damage boost if you build the Arch Staff!

Humm that could be interesting, especially if I get the chance to build the Arch staff. It would help my tanking a little bit more during the time I don't have my ult, since with my setup I don't have a terrible amount of hp, armor, or regen.

Edit: bahh I'm dumb I mixed up the Arch staff and the RoA. haha

AutoSponge

03-17-2010

I have over 150 wins with Alistar and I have three very different (base) builds.

#1 - req/quint apen, yellow dodge, blue clarity. Brutalizer, Chalice, Aegis/Soulfire Cape...
aggressive spam healer (better early game)

#2 - req/quint apen, yellow dodge, blue clarity. Sheen, Tiamat, Last Whisper, Heart of Gold...
farming dps and tower melter (better late game)

#3 - red/quint mpen, yellow and blue clarity. Catalyst, Rod of Ages, Sheen...
truck (hits like a truck and rolls like one, seems good throughout)

Other items will depend on the game. Build #3 is new, I'll post it later.

OmniOblivion

03-17-2010

Flash is a MUST. I can't tell how many times Alistar initiates SO well b/c he Flashstuns an entire group. For your 2nd, I would grab either Cleanse for CCs or Ghost to chase/escape.

An 0/9/21 mastery build is nice for an AP/tank.

Since his atk spd is a butt load of ****, I would get AP/tank stuff. Rod of Ages is a nice investment.

For Boots, I get Treads to reduce CCs.

I grab Soul Shroud to help with his mana and CDs.

Spirit Visage looks nice on Alistar. Helps out with healing, reduces CD, and reduces damage against casters.

I haven't tried out Alistar much (b/c I SUCK with tanking), but maybe consider these ideas on your next gameplay?

gun fu panda

03-17-2010

Boots of Speed x 6

OmniOblivion

03-17-2010

Quote:
gun fu panda:
Boots of Speed x 6

FAIL. Movement is a UNIQUE ability.