Alistar build help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ordained

03-17-2010

So recently I picked up Alistar and have been enjoying the switch from Trist/teemo his laning presence on the side lanes feel just as strong as either one. And I have felt fairly successful with him.

The way I have been building him pretty as an aura ***** early game starting out with a mana manipulator, boots, then aegis then finish up my soul shroud. Depending on how the game is going I'll either pick up a sheen for a little extra burst or a sunfire cloak for a little extra health and the aura. I go 21 down the defensive tree with cleanse/flash. For runes I have 19 hp at 18 in yellow Armor pen in red from playing trist/teemo, and blue is still the mana per 5 runes with hp runes in quints.

I'm curious though is there a more effective way to build. And what should I be putting in red/blue runes?

Archeus

03-17-2010

One thing I would suggest you try out is getting Tear of the Goddess asap. It really does sort out your awful mana pool. I don't think I could ever go back to not using it as Alistar. Not to mention your Pulverise and knockback have a 1:1 AP ratio so it's a nice little damage boost if you build the Arch Staff!

Ordained

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeus View Post
One thing I would suggest you try out is getting Tear of the Goddess asap. It really does sort out your awful mana pool. I don't think I could ever go back to not using it as Alistar. Not to mention your Pulverise and knockback have a 1:1 AP ratio so it's a nice little damage boost if you build the Arch Staff!
Humm that could be interesting, especially if I get the chance to build the Arch staff. It would help my tanking a little bit more during the time I don't have my ult, since with my setup I don't have a terrible amount of hp, armor, or regen.

Edit: bahh I'm dumb I mixed up the Arch staff and the RoA. haha

AutoSponge

03-17-2010

I have over 150 wins with Alistar and I have three very different (base) builds.

#1 - req/quint apen, yellow dodge, blue clarity. Brutalizer, Chalice, Aegis/Soulfire Cape...
aggressive spam healer (better early game)

#2 - req/quint apen, yellow dodge, blue clarity. Sheen, Tiamat, Last Whisper, Heart of Gold...
farming dps and tower melter (better late game)

#3 - red/quint mpen, yellow and blue clarity. Catalyst, Rod of Ages, Sheen...
truck (hits like a truck and rolls like one, seems good throughout)

Other items will depend on the game. Build #3 is new, I'll post it later.

OmniOblivion

03-17-2010

Flash is a MUST. I can't tell how many times Alistar initiates SO well b/c he Flashstuns an entire group. For your 2nd, I would grab either Cleanse for CCs or Ghost to chase/escape.

An 0/9/21 mastery build is nice for an AP/tank.

Since his atk spd is a butt load of ****, I would get AP/tank stuff. Rod of Ages is a nice investment.

For Boots, I get Treads to reduce CCs.

I grab Soul Shroud to help with his mana and CDs.

Spirit Visage looks nice on Alistar. Helps out with healing, reduces CD, and reduces damage against casters.

I haven't tried out Alistar much (b/c I SUCK with tanking), but maybe consider these ideas on your next gameplay?

gun fu panda

03-17-2010

Boots of Speed x 6

OmniOblivion

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun fu panda View Post
Boots of Speed x 6
FAIL. Movement is a UNIQUE ability.