Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

YOUR Favorite Champion?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akito88

05-19-2011

Hey guys!

After many requests from my friends to get LoL, I finally decided to download it and try it out. I have to say, this game rocks. I have played DOTA and HoN before, and I have to say...this game seems much more refined.

So I must pose a question to you all. What is your favorite champion to play? Why? When you play other games, do you like characters or classes with the same style of play?

See you all on the battlefield,
AtG

Erekai

05-19-2011

My favorite hands down is Nidalee. She is so much fun to play, can do a little of just about everything, and has really fun skills. I lean a lot toward other support characters too like Taric.

In most games, though, I tend to lean toward the mage/caster types. MMORPGs, RPGs in general and that kind of stuff, I like Mages/Wizards, so in LoL I also really really love Lux and Veigar. <3

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

05-19-2011

My favorite champion is Kennen--although I haven't used him much recently.

My favorite cute champion is Teemo. He's a cute little guy, but everyone picks on him.

Azaer

05-19-2011

Kayle

I love her because I am a Starcraft: Broodwars and SC2 beta vet so she lets me micro fights like no other. The sheer amount of thought-process, reflexes and observation she allows me to use that other champions put to waste makes her really fun for me, as a strategist.

I don't lean toward anyone in Kayle's class because their isn't anyone in her class, she's a classification of her own(hybrid carry/support) and its awesome because I can't contribute to games like I do with her to any other champions.

-if you're wondering, yes I am as obsessed with her as I sound :P

Edit: Ok I'm kinda curious about the downvotes. I like Kayle because she is unique and makes me think, more than any other champion I've ever played, and I'm used to games that make me think. Whats the crime here? >.>

Human Drama

05-19-2011

LoL is my first MOBA. I burned out of RTS games a long time ago, but a friend suggested that I try this game and I have since grown to like it. I like to play a variety of champions, but Kog'Maw has become my go-to champion despite my usual preference for tanks and support-types. He can harass like a boss and take down single targets with surprising efficiency, but he also requires some map awareness and smart positioning to play effectively due to his slow speed and squishiness.

It's kind of unfortunate that the only way to ensure a win is to play a carry, because I like helping my team without necessarily being the guy with the most kills, but when you're the only person on the team not suffering from tunnel vision, being able to do the most damage helps a lot.

CornontheCobbe

05-19-2011

Rammus.

By far one of the funnest tank/champions to play imo. Cute little spinning ball of death.

Metaphisto

05-19-2011

At the moment I'm liking Trundle.

Kyoko Sakura

Recruiter

05-19-2011

My favorite type of champions are casters because I like pressing buttons, spamming spells and making stuff go boom!

A Wild Beedrill

05-19-2011

My favorite champion is Sona. For 3 reasons:

1.) Aura spells and harrasing with Q has never felt so great.
2.) Her Ult is PERFECT to getting the kill, being when you're solo, or with teammates.
3.) Her. Epic. BOOBS!!! xD na, jk.
3. for real) I've always liked to know that i contribute to the team by healing.

Right now, I've just started playing, so I'm trying to burn out that feeling of "Staying in my pen for safety". I like trying out different types of champions, and I'm giving a serious though on going to get an assasin or carry next.

ShadyGrave

05-19-2011

It changes at time. First favorite was Kennen, like the little ninja. Heimerdinger with turrets i found quite unique. loved playing him. I play teemo when i feel like setting up minefields. hehe, he's fun at times. Jarvan entertains me too, ultimate jumping on someone, just is fun. looks like im a yordle fan haha.