What do you think of this idea?

I think it could help! 126 87.50%
I won't fix anything. 18 12.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

An Alternative to Leavers

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3v3ryone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

Why would you join already going on ranked game when it's probably already lost or very hard to win? I hardly doubt that it will help.

How about some buff for whole team which increase all their stats by "X" % till leaver is back? similar to baron buff, but with different stats/effects.

Bane Wraith

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3v3ryone View Post
Why would you join already going on ranked game when it's probably already lost or very hard to win? I hardly doubt that it will help.

How about some buff for whole team which increase all their stats by "X" % till leaver is back? similar to baron buff, but with different stats/effects.
...Seems like a ... Touchy suggestion. Personally, I don't feel there should be Any such reward to a team, when a player hits the road. In no way should there be anything to Encourage leaving, or pretending that it's a completely normal part of the game. So, no, I wouldn't support this.

... This is a MOBA style game. Leaving affects Both teams, not just one; it affects the Game itself. What is present right now is a remedy to patch those games up so they can be Restored to typical gameplay; It's an attempt to keep the game as normal as possible. This suggestion is, as far as I've seen, about as close to a "perfect" remedy as it can get, Without going over. By adding a feature (like the one quoted) that favors one team over another, you're passing a threshold... you're making Leaving a Part of the game, a Feature that affects gameplay.

OmgWtfNamestaken

05-20-2011

Best solution so far. +1

Umahr

05-20-2011

i really like this. i would join games in progress a lot!

Also, there should be an option to LOCK YOURSELF OUT. I may not want to leave, but if something dire comes up and I need to DC, I would like to be able to let my team have another player as soon as possible. Of course you will still be forbidden from joining new games until the one you quit finishes.

Bane Wraith

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umahr View Post
Also, there should be an option to LOCK YOURSELF OUT.
..This is strange. That's the second time that suggestion has come up... Are people not Familiar that they can go into the game menu, and deliberately Quit the game? You know, the option that actually shows in the chat as "Player has Quit!" rather than "Player has Left the game"?

SnowFall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2011

I guess another suggestion, all leavers should be matchmade with other leavers, so they can leave without interruption of normal players' game. If they will have a leaver in team it means suffer for that they left once aswell.

Stexe

Adjudicator

05-21-2011

The idea has been suggested since the original beta. It has been shot down many times due to a variety of reasons -- primarily that someone who leaves a game is typically leaving because they rage quit because they were losing. Who would want to join a game where their team is losing? Also, what if the player accidentally left and wants to come back?

Finally, there is a number of tech issues with something like that. If leavers continue to be a problem after the Tribunal comes around full force, then I'd bring up the idea again. But right now I don't think this is the best use of Riot's time.

MemoryLapse

05-21-2011

Love the concept. Make it happen and keep this thread alive as long as u can ppl.

Bane Wraith

05-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
The idea has been suggested since the original beta. It has been shot down many times due to a variety of reasons -- primarily that someone who leaves a game is typically leaving because they rage quit because they were losing. Who would want to join a game where their team is losing? Also, what if the player accidentally left and wants to come back?

Finally, there is a number of tech issues with something like that. If leavers continue to be a problem after the Tribunal comes around full force, then I'd bring up the idea again. But right now I don't think this is the best use of Riot's time.
...I hate to suggest a thing, to an adjudicator... but have you read Any of the proposed idea?

...The marvelousness of this thread, is in the detail. First off, and making this well and clear, it's voluntary. Second, there are enough precautions to make sure that any player that's gone from the game has the opportunity to come back. Thirdly, Leaving Does affect both teams in the game, and this suggestion seems to be the ideal patch for that Without any action whatsoever that Encourages players to leave.

...Please sir, if you're going to criticize a post so bluntly, at least take the time to address it in detail, rather than throwing it in with the pile. This poster has put a lot of effort into their idea.

NoongaOutDaFront

05-21-2011

How about just capping leaver penalties to 1 per game, so that if 1 player ditches there's no incentive to stick around in a hopeless 4v5? The whole "leaving ruins the game for everyone else" argument doesn't apply when the game's already ruined, so why punish any leavers beyond the first?

1234567 ... 9