"New" Alistar Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShowMeYourMoves

05-20-2011

Laughable.

Clearly, you guys have not played with or against a truly good AP Alistar.

I assure you, nothing will be more frustrating than fighting against a top tier AP Alistar.

Whoever thinks AP Alistar dies too easily needs to learn how to control him in a team fight.

Just because he has tanky ult doesn't mean you want to stay inside the danger zone through out the whole fight.

W Q E then back off and wait for cooldown.

Woceyth

Recruiter

05-20-2011

I like to mix tank and AP. But what I use ether way is the Alistar Combo.

Q and W it helps you to reach farther champions, and of course the damage given.

AP Alistar when built as a mage it's interesting actually.

Tank Alistar it's also great because of the ulti and the gear you use, he can resist a lot of damage.

I want to know what more magic resist I can equip, because if I face a fed Veigar, it's difficult to resist his attacks. If anyone can recommend me gear, I'll try it!. Thanks for advance!

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2011

i usually just get sheen for ali rest are tank items and if i got alot of money and didnt need to tank more i upgrade shen to lichbane

imo the dmg from passive is enough while being able to be in the middle of the enemy team and aoe them all better than to be a nuker that cant tank soo much

JohnCataldo

05-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woceyth View Post
I want to know what more magic resist I can equip, because if I face a fed Veigar, it's difficult to resist his attacks. If anyone can recommend me gear, I'll try it!. Thanks for advance!
Abyssal Sceptre and Force of Nature are both top choices for Ali's MR. Abyssal gives you more AP, and is a team-help item that lowers all MR for enemies. FoN just gives a ton of MR, and movement speed, which Ali always wants.

And if you have enough AP, Lichbane gives a little bit of MR and movement speed as well.

There's other choices, obviously, but those are particularly good for Ali. It's a rare game you'll want even more MR than FoN and Abyssal.