Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Load Screen - Loading Extremely Slow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hepo

05-17-2011

Hello,

I am running a Asus G73jh (i7 quad, 8gb of ram, ATImobility radeon 5870 HD graphics card). For the passed month, whenever I join a match and have my champion selected, after the 80 secs or so has passed, my client picks up a lot of strange lag:

1) The League of Legends logo that comes up normally after Champion Select will take 5 to 20 seconds to load up.

2.) After the logo disappears, the screen goes black as it transitions to the Champion load screen. This is all normal, but! it experiences some extreme lag where it will take 10 seconds or more just to show the white text version info in the bottom left hand corner.

3.) It takes the actual champion pictures another 20ish seconds or so to appear.

4.) When I first had this computer, the champion load screen appeared almost instantaneously and I woud be fully summoned if not close. Now, once I finally see the champion pictures, each percentage takes anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds, varying game to game.

5.) It gets stuck at 97% or so for an extremely long time.

6.) Once the game finally loads, I experience a ~15 sec lag spike where I can't do anything.

7.) About 2 and half minutes into the match, I experience a lag spike that lasts for ~10 seconds or so which prevents me from doing anything.

8.) About another couple minutes later, I experience another spike just like the last.

These 8 problems have been plaguing my computer everywhere I turn. I have reinstalled the game a couple times, moved the drive (from D: to C: [its partitioned]), read various forums. I am also running Kaspersky 2011. I gave everything league of legends oriented full access with no restrictions. I have run virus scans. I have scoured the internet. My next plan of action if there is no viable solution is to send the laptop to Asus themselves and have them fix it, as there are a number of other issues going haywire with the laptop (but never affected game play).

Here are very similar cases.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=751151
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=187148

These cases lead me to believe it is not my laptop, but it is something to do with LoL, though the time frame they propose for it happening does not match with how long it has been occuring on my computer, probably before May if I had to guess.

Hortbek

05-23-2011

I have similar specifications on my computer also with Kaspersky Anti-Virus. I also experience the slow load and then spikes exactly like you said. Could it possibly be a problem with Kaspersky? Someone please reply to help fix this, extremely frustrating to deal with. Thanks

Hortbek

05-23-2011

I think i may have figured out the solution, for some reason all i did was update Kaspersky to the newest version and then rebooted to complete the process and it now works. Hope this helps someone.

ModgePodge

05-24-2011

I actually have the same EXACT problem and I also have Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. I tried running the game once with Kaspersky turned off and it ran smoothly like it did before I got it. After a lot of tinkering, I actually got it running pretty smoothly until the most recent patch though. Now it's slower than ever.

EDIT (Possible Solution): I tinkered around with the settings, and if you go to the Threats and Exclusions section of your Kaspersky settings, add all LoL related things in the Trusted applications. Check all the boxes and it should load up.

TYphYS

09-28-2011

Quote:
ModgePodge:
I actually have the same EXACT problem and I also have Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. I tried running the game once with Kaspersky turned off and it ran smoothly like it did before I got it. After a lot of tinkering, I actually got it running pretty smoothly until the most recent patch though. Now it's slower than ever.

EDIT (Possible Solution): I tinkered around with the settings, and if you go to the Threats and Exclusions section of your Kaspersky settings, add all LoL related things in the Trusted applications. Check all the boxes and it should load up.

Thanks man it really helped. Using gamer mode and temporarily disabling the firewall also works too, but with your solution I don't have to tinker with it everytime i play.