"Disconnected from PVP.net" -> "Session Closed"

12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deceiver9811

05-18-2011

I'm having a similar problem, but it's happening too ****ed often to be a problem with activity on my end. After the patch, the problem stopped, and recently has started again, disconnecting me twice every 30 minutes, or 6 times in 15.
The client does not actually close either, I get a message when rebooting the game that "Another instance of this application is still running, would you like to foce kill it" or soemthing to that effect.
I don't know what is causing this, but if it truly is related to inactivity, then **** you. I understand that you may not have intended for it to be as problematic as it is, but why should we have to restart the client entirely? What other game does that? I'm tempted to quit the game entirely until the issue is resolved in some way, because as of now, I don't always have time to even queue for a match.

Apologies if I come across as rude or harsh, but with all the problems I have been having with the client alone in the past month, I believe I have the right to sound as such until the client and servers are in a state where at least 51% of the player base can play a game without something ****ing up.

Antanaclase

05-19-2011

Well, it seems yesterday was another of those "Hey, I'll let you believe I work" days.
1st game today, same problem.

Firebind results:
TCP ports 80,443,2099,5222-5223,8393-8400 are open on your network. Firebind was successfully able to transmit and receive data over these ports using TCP.

UDP ports 5000-5500 are open on your network. Firebind was successfully able to transmit and receive data over these ports using UDP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceiver9811 View Post
The client does not actually close either, I get a message when rebooting the game that "Another instance of this application is still running, would you like to foce kill it"
Well, this is normal I think, when you get a "session closed". I get it too everytime

Walloittaja

05-19-2011

I've also been plagued this problem for quite sometime now and it's really starting to get annoying now with the queue's and all. I also play at EU server, but I tried the US one and had all the same problems (disconnecting, session closed etc).

In addition to the problems mentioned by Antanaclase, I am also every now and then unable to ban/pick champions during the champion select stage and occassionally also unable to change masteries, runes or summoner spells as the client becomes completely unresponssive.

Antanaclase

05-19-2011

Concerning your problem for the picking, you either have to pick really fast, or keep the client responsive by saving masteries every 5-10 seconds. Works for me most of the time, but I usually don't have access to the pre-game chatroom...

Kakill

05-19-2011

This is really becoming anoying... I see a lot of threads about the same stuff, and barely no answer, with only a few

-"run this and that tests and send us the log, so we wont do anything, and dont give any answer"

I could have bought my vayne a WEEK ago, but since the new patch, its been like this...
I can't even get on the character pick screen most of the times...

C'mon... do something, and compensate our "non-playing" time

----EDIT----
As for the test u told us to run... here are my results

TCP ports 80,443,2099,5222-5223,8393-8400 are open on your network. Firebind was successfully able to transmit and receive data over these ports using TCP.

UDP ports 5000-5500 are open on your network. Firebind was successfully able to transmit and receive data over these ports using UDP.

I never had any problems since before the new launcher.

Deceiver9811

05-19-2011

Why do we even have a client running on Adobe Air? Wouldn't it have been easier to have the login/community sections of the game and the actual game be part of the same program? Rather than have one program launch the other? Even if it's not as easy to make initially, wouldn't it fix all these issues with the client?

Walloittaja

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antanaclase View Post
Concerning your problem for the picking, you either have to pick really fast, or keep the client responsive by saving masteries every 5-10 seconds. Works for me most of the time, but I usually don't have access to the pre-game chatroom...
The real problem lies elsewhere, since every now and then I wont have a chance to pick at all. When it's actually my turn to pick it sometimes still shows that the time is running for someone else and I usually can access the chatroom, atleast partially. I constantly keep disconnecting fromthe chatroom, but usually I am able to type a few lines and if I'm lucky I'll see what the other guys respond.

I dont even remember how long I've been having these problems, probably since I started playing, but definitely for atleast 6 months.

Antanaclase

05-21-2011

Bump

RedBarsGoUp

05-21-2011

Posting to say I have this exact problem, and in addition to being terrible for me, it makes it incredibly frustrating for my friends to try and que with me since I constantly get dodges from pvp.net time-outs. This has been going on since at least December. Just like the op it is incredibly intermittent, with the client sometimes working completely normally and other times I log out in frustration after 30 minutes of failed game starts and client crashes. I've also tried everything in the op including re-installs of LoL and Air.

Antanaclase

05-21-2011

Looks like noone's really got an idea of what's going on, after we've tried every usual fixes.

12345612 ... 22