Shamrock Malphite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meta

03-16-2010

So, there's now a shamrock malphite skin in the store, which wasn't announced ahead of time (ie: no screenshots).

Any skin collectors out there kind enough to share a screenie?

2xHero

03-16-2010

Here you go. I'm not sure if I like Mt. Dew Malphite or not. First one is with passive on, second is with it destroyed.

BuzzBeer

03-16-2010

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any visible shamrock's on him. So is it just a re skin of Malphite in green?

Meta

03-16-2010

Hey thanks 2xHero! It looks so-so, but it's pretty cheap so I might have to consider it.

How does the animation look with his shield broken? I'm a big fan of how his default skin looks all molten-y.

2xHero

03-16-2010

I didn't see a shamrock either. On the art, it was lower on his chest, which you can't see because he is hunched over.

EDIT: See attachment.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xHero View Post
Here you go. I'm not sure if I like Mt. Dew Malphite or not. First one is with passive on, second is with it destroyed.
looks like a mound of barf and turd squished together

2xHero

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
Hey thanks 2xHero! It looks so-so, but it's pretty cheap so I might have to consider it.

How does the animation look with his shield broken? I'm a big fan of how his default skin looks all molten-y.
I think it looks better on the original skin because the contrast of orange on brown is better than light green on dark green. Bleeding Mt. Dew does look pretty funny, though. It's just a little harder to notice when the shield is broken or not.

Also, I got another picture, and you can see the shamrocks. They are on his arms and on his chest.

Meta

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xHero View Post
I think it looks better on the original skin because the contrast of orange on brown is better than light green on dark green. Bleeding Mt. Dew does look pretty funny, though.
Haha.

Well, after seeing the screenshot with the shamrock I'm thinking I probably won't buy it. I'm not one bit Irish, but us nordics don't get our own holiday, so I have my own personal vendetta against all things St. Patties :P

So... if you see me in a game and I'm focusing tank shamrock malphite first... you'll know why

Timlankey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

I wonder if this skin is limited or not.

Deriaz

03-16-2010

I actually quite like it, but then again, I've always been fond of cooler colors rather than warmer colors. It's a decent blending of color, though I would have done a little bit of black mixed in there somehow to dull it a tiny bit -- make it a bit less shockingly green all-around. My two coppers, at least.