Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You can upgrade philo stone and sell it back for more

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imaqtpie

Recruiter

05-17-2011

:|

Tha Steelman

05-17-2011

Add some numbers to this post. I just looked up the pricing information for the item tree and nothing looks out of place to me.

Imaqtpie

Recruiter

05-17-2011

you sell philo on its own for 400
upgrade it for 400
sell it for 840

Mathgrind

05-17-2011

Wow, that's really clever. I upvoted to counter the ****** who downvoted you.

OP is referring to the fact that if you sell philosopher stone, you get 400g back, but if you upgrade it to Eleisa's miracle and then sell it you get 840g. Subtracting the 400g you spent to upgrade it, you get 440g. That's an extra 40g.

drpepper111

05-17-2011

Quick everybody exploit this farm on your summoning platform with your team while the other team pushes all 3 of your lanes with freefarm.

Also, good find op.

ThermoDonut

05-17-2011

infinite moniez. IE by 5 minutes. TIME TO EXPLOIT.

h0tkarl

05-17-2011

u can't exploit this for infinite money, just for +40g if you are buying a philostone (aka, you're bad) Eleisa's Miracle costs more than the sell price, so not exploitable

Blue101

05-17-2011

Quote:
h0tkarl:
u can't exploit this for infinite money, just for +40g if you are buying a philostone (aka, you're bad) Eleisa's Miracle costs more than the sell price, so not exploitable

yeah it's not exploitable if you want to get infinite gold, but if you stack Pilo stones, which I do from time to time it's nice to get 40 more gold for doing it(after you sell them for your real Items anyway). I think it's enough that it's worth riot addressing.

VonZylo

05-17-2011

not Exploitable, Math to go with the above two answers:

1200g to make, 840 to sell, therefore unless you need to buy and sell philosper's stones, Your losing money by doing this over and over. You would also need to wait 12 minutes with the philospher's Stone to Break even.

OP is just saying is more cost effective to upgrade it to a Eleisa's Miracle before selling it.

WorstVayneMars

10-06-2014

this is true