Screen Resolution

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

00dss00

03-16-2010

This has to be question of the week.... Please help...

During one of the games, I decided to test the resolution of the video output. As I selected the highest rez (1600xwhatever), my screen went black and I was blind.... Blind to the LOL world....

I thought by uninstalling the program, the rez will return, or default to, OEM... but it didn't.

So, my question is... will it? ever? My bad feeling tells me the settings (i.e. Video, Sound, etc.) are all ONLINE SETTING attached to my log in. Which means I will have to get a new login... No biggie if it is so....

2 cents are welcomed.

Mr Scorpio

03-16-2010

I don't think the resolution settings are saved through an online profile. My laptop's resolution is different from my desktop for LoL, though both screens are capable of 1680x1050

Might want to DELETE the RIOT directory before you reinstall

Bandon

03-16-2010

No need to re-install.
The config file that you are looking for is located in \game\DATA\CFG\ within your League of Legends folder. In my case this is J:\League of Legends\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG\
By default I believe it is C:\Program Files\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG\

It is named Game.cfg.

You can either open it up in notepad and edit the Width and Height yourself if you know what they are, or just delete the file and LoL will recreate it when you launch the game, in this case it will revert to defaults and you will need to change the settings once in game.