Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good/Easy Starting Characters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kallen Kouzuki

05-16-2011

I'm new to LoL. I'd like to know if there are any notably easy methods of play, just so I can get into the swing of this game, because I've wanted to get into this game for a while now, but never knew any good free ones till now. So, to restate my question, does anyone know an easy build/play style for a complete LoL newb like me? .

Memorylame

05-16-2011

Welcome....I would suggest just messing around with various champs as they go free week by week, a couple will end up striking you as better for your particular playstyle....I'm such a bad judge of 'easiness', I find oddball champs easier then your standard 'this champ is easy' champ...lol

FinalMystery

05-16-2011

Go through the tutorial. When you do you should probably get some general safe low level champions during free play. Ashe is generally safe in the lower tiers, decent movement speed (key), map awareness assist (hawkeye) and ranged attacks with the ranged attacks being some what fast and safe at low summoner levels.

Sleepy Cat

05-16-2011

Just so you know, LoL is not an RTS, it is a Moba(Multiplayer Online Battle Arena).

Kallen Kouzuki

05-17-2011

Sorry, it was midnight when I typed that, and I'm leaving now so I can't fix it atm... I'll be back though.

Could someone give me a link ot something to a good ranged champ and build or something? I generally am not a very good melee player or tank, so that's a start.

YummyCheese

Recruiter

05-17-2011

This build will work on most ranged carries:

2-3 Dorans Blades
Boots > Upgraded Boots (Your choice)
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper/Zeal>Phantom Dancer

Take Ghost/Flash. Alternate possible summoner spells are exhaust or cleanse based on preference.

Heroes like Tristana, Ashe, and Miss Fortune will all be relatively affective with the above build.

These are ranged DPS champions. They have weak early game and rely on farming (essentially last hitting creeps and not going for hero kills) until you get most of your build. When team fights start, you stand behind your tanks and try to do as much damage as possible without getting killed.

Kotazu

Recruiter

05-17-2011

Quote:
Hap800:
I'm new to LoL and RTS's in general. I'd like to know if there are any notably easy methods of play, just so I can get into the swing of this game, because I've wanted to get into RTS's for a while now, but never knew any good free ones till now. So, to restate my question, does anyone know an easy build/play style for a complete RTS newb like me? .

I would suggest to start out as Ashe, Tristana, Sivir, or Master Yi, they're pretty easy to learn the game, and pretty easy to use.

Xtreme19

05-17-2011

I would suggest Ashe to all my new friends starting LoL because its easy to use and very easy to get kills with as well. In regards to finding builds, you can try looking at the following websites

http://www.mobafire.com
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guides

HandheldBrandon

05-17-2011

Ashe is probably one of the easiest characters to begin with in the game and as you start gaining levels ashe will teach you alot more about the game.

Positioning, Kiting, when to fight/when not to fight

Ashe will teach you all these things.

If your not into ranged dps Garen is a good choice also as his kit is very forgiving and does alot of damage early on. About mid game garen becomes very durable if built properly with defensive items matching the kind of damage the enemy team is doing.

sjgcacncgkfhduak

05-17-2011

alot of people are saying ashe but if ur like me u cant play ashe. so a ranged charatcer thats decently easy to use is ryze. hes ranged and itll help you learn how to move your fingers quick when useing his abilities.