[Guide] AP Tryn FTW, Yes it rhymes...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heavyfoot

03-15-2010

Rune book - Crit Chance Runes

Masteries - 9/21/0
Offense -
3/3 Archmage's Savvy
3/3 Deadliness
Imp ignite

Defense -
3/3 Ardor
Imp heal

Summoner Spells -
Ignite - some welcomed extra damage
Heal - great for staying alive and hilarious with your uber bloodlust heals

Items -
Deathfire Grasp
Boots
Spirate Visage

You will always have these three. Their combined cool down reduction is useful. Deathfire's active is amazing for damage and spirit visages passive is amazing for your heals. Boots depend on their team makeup. After these I'll usually get something with HP like a Rod of Ages/Banshee's Veil. Zhonya's ring is also amazing as it gives you tons of AP and an active that works very well with your abilities.

Skills -
Alternate Bloodlust [Q] and Spinning Slash [E]
Make sure to have one point in Mocking Shout [W] by level 3
put a point into Undying Rage whenever possible [R]

Playing -
This build is all about the ridiculous heals you'll be getting from Bloodlust as you'll be critting often with your rune build. Your Spinning Slash will also be doing a very decent amount of dmg. In most situations you'll get 8 stacks of Bloodlust, get low health and instead of popping your ult you'll just heal almost to full hp using Bloodlust. This is very useful as it saves your ult for you. If you're worried about damage, don't! Your crits, Spinning Slash and Deathfire will be taking people down very fast, not to mention ignite. Have fun.

FIORAxKIRITO NA

03-15-2010

As strange as this is, this just might work. Creative ideas though.

Fbsunny

03-15-2010

How is rageblade not your number 1 most important item?

AFKray

03-15-2010

as well as an Abyssal for that much needed MR to counter heavy magic bursts.

kjgkjgkgklfgl

03-15-2010

Dude. you just killed Tryndamere and the lore on him.
****ing AP Build? on a TRYND?
WHAT ARE YOU, A NOOB?

He's a carry not a self-healing tank -.-

And Crit runes have been nerfed so ahrd that no you won't crit as often unless his health is belo 50% (which you don't allow with auto-bloodlusting)

68iOweYou1

03-15-2010

uhh last time i tried to see if AP build would actually increase his heal rate i dont think it did o.O i swear it was bugged lol, but you wouldnt be critting much with this build meaning big reload time on spinning slash and hard to get your blood lust stacks up :S so kinda pointless...

Smuggler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2010

It's a terrible build and a waste of time. Take it from someone with quite a few Tyrn plays under his badge, the reason is simple, stacking critical strike runes, and not being full offensive, gimps him way too much. If you want some ap, get a Ginsoos after your Infin. Sure it helps your heals, but to be honest, you're still going to be the first one targeted in 90% of pubs due to the fact you'll be running in first, and considering the fact that good Tyrns use CD redux alongside Undying Rage(And Popping it prior to almost dieing when they dont have the damage stack, to destroy someone. It becomes rather, iffy to stack the ability to heal, when it won't help you do anything but heal. Get a friend to play Kayle, works better if you want "heals".

Siveal

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyfoot View Post
Items -
Deathfire Grasp
Boots
Spirate Visage
Tryndamere actually does well with a hybrid build but I think your core items could use some improvement. Getting a ragebuild early will help you melt towers while providing a decent atk spd boost. Another problem is that you need critical strike to use spinning slash effectively (the main damage point as AP Tryndamere). So putting a zeal as a high priority will probably help you out.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Wow.... this is a WEIRD build.... I'd like to try it out just to see what happens... on a prac game ofc .... wouldn't dare try this on normal 1st.

Mengness

03-22-2010

Have you ever ACTUALLY played AP Trynd before writing this idiotic guide?

If so, you'd know that Trynd's AP ratios are gimped as hell and it's not even worth it to try.

Bloodlust gets over a 1:1 AP ratio, but unfortunately the heal is applied AFTER the stacks. This means that at 200 AP, your fully-stacked bloodlust will heal you for (8x50)+~240 HP. 640 HP is not exactly the kind of "ridiculous heal" I think you were talking about.

Whirlwind's got a 1:1 scaling ratio but, wow would you look at that, scales 50% with attack damage. This means if you build either AD or AP, your spinning slash will be powered up.

After reading this guide, I have to ask which seems more appealing to you : a 240 AP (3 Blasting wands) Tryndamere that can spinning slash for 530 damage and crit for 250 or a 100 AD (2 BF swords) tryndamere that can spinning slash for 340, crit for 700, and WIN THE GAME?

TLDR: Tryndamere blows.