Chromebook and LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hilldar

05-16-2011

Does LoL will be compatible with the new notebook of Google?

WindScorpion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

Doubt it. There's not even a Mac client.

Porojukaha

07-03-2011

They better fix that asap. Cuz I love lol. But if it came down to either having a chromebook or playing lol, id ditch lol. ANd i even spend a good bit of money on lol as it is right now. But once this laptop bites the dust, aint no way im buying another useless piece of windows s***. Neither will I buy a mac, because my android is a million times better than an Iphone, anyone who says otherwise has yet to use both for an extended period of time, utilizing all available features. and it looks like soon the tablets hardware will catch up to the ipads, and as soon as that happens, it will be all google for me.(who cares about more apps, I care about better, free apps with WIDGETS) Sorry Lol, better get that client develope asap!!!

Bottleorum

07-03-2011

1. Chromebooks run a new OS that has literally no support for programs native to other platforms
2. It's only been commercially available for about a month. If you expect any type of support you'll be needing to wait at least another year.
3. Lol @ guy above me.

EdgarAllanProse

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porojukaha View Post
They better fix that asap. Cuz I love lol. But if it came down to either having a chromebook or playing lol, id ditch lol. ANd i even spend a good bit of money on lol as it is right now. But once this laptop bites the dust, aint no way im buying another useless piece of windows s***. Neither will I buy a mac, because my android is a million times better than an Iphone, anyone who says otherwise has yet to use both for an extended period of time, utilizing all available features. and it looks like soon the tablets hardware will catch up to the ipads, and as soon as that happens, it will be all google for me.(who cares about more apps, I care about better, free apps with WIDGETS) Sorry Lol, better get that client develope asap!!!

Heh, you should read some reviews of the chromebook. Sorry about your waste of money.

Bottleorum

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAnony View Post
Heh, you should read some reviews of the chromebook. Sorry about your waste of money.
Reviews of a newly released OS that has very little support yet and got poor reviews early on?

Doesn't sound like anything Google has done before, surely it is doomed to fail in the long term.

:P. Though I'd agree, not worth it yet.

TheLoserEllimist

03-04-2013

So, now that the book has been around for quite some time, any news on compatibility?

Mattafack

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoserEllimist View Post
So, now that the book has been around for quite some time, any news on compatibility?
I tried downloading League on one of the display Chromebooks in Best Buy. It seemed to work fine, before they, you know, promptly told me to get away from it because I wasn't allowed to download anything on them. Don't know if it could run it successfully after download though.

FuryofLegends

05-23-2013

This is possible by chrooting your chromebook and running a version of ubuntu alongside with ChromeOS -- then using WINE for League of Legends. =)

wasianasian

08-24-2013

Has anyone tried this im planning on getting a chromebook and if it does work I want to make sure its runs well.