Summoner Name change?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shakarian

03-15-2010

I was wondering if there was a way to change your summoner name on an account, like how you can change the name of your character on many other MMO's such as COD Modern warfare 2. Since friend lists and invites are actually based on account, although they show summoner name, this should be a possibility.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-15-2010

Think more WoW or WC III, rather than FPS. Most MMO's don't allow the ability to easily change your name or charge you for that option. The idea is that you're linked to a character and build up a reputation, as opposed to CoD where it's 16 or so players that come and go.

This is not an available feature at the current time. If you really wish to change your summoner name you can create a new account using the same e-mail address.

Logic Evolution

03-27-2010

If you do that, do all points and lvls stay or no?

NickLovin

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Tipper View Post
If you do that, do all points and lvls stay or no?
it would be a new account, so no.
Its possible, its been done, riot just needs to build a system that manages it. ATM its all been done through having some one on customer support manually change it. Riot definitely would make a chunk of money once they get name changes going.

As for the mean time, just make a second account reserving the name you want.

Idontgiveahoooot

06-17-2010

my summoner name was changed. how do i change the current name, i dont like the one that was given to me. i want my old one back.

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontgiveahoooot View Post
my summoner name was changed. how do i change the current name, i dont like the one that was given to me. i want my old one back.
Chances are, your old name was something that was not "politically correct".

Let me take a stab...

Idontgiveash****t?

Yea. Riot get's their kicks by changing names of people like you.

Make a new account. Don't use a name that will be offensive.

Otherwise, you deserve what you got.

grath

06-17-2010

I just want to Capitalize the first letter in my Summoner name if possible.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontgiveahoooot View Post
You can also email support if they changed it with some other non offensive suggestions.

Aurora Uchiha

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
You can also email support if they changed it with some other non offensive suggestions.
How do you change the name? I hate my name >.< I'll give you cookies!! I don't want to make a new account because I already want to keep my record and stuff, but GAH!!

Lysdexic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

heh, at Idontgiveahoooot