Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

click play on the patcher, nothing pops up to log in

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dwally03

05-15-2011

I have reinstalled LoL twice because randomly LoL has stopped working for me. I can open the patcher and it updates and then i click play, but after that nothing happens. Nothing pops up to let me log in or anything along those lines, it just disappears and thats the end of it. If i try to open another league of legends after waiting for awhile, it says another client is open and so i close that client and try to click play again and the same thing happens. I am not very knowledagble about computers so I don't really know how to fix this. The patcher seems to be working fine but I just cant open the client after clicking play?
PLease help

Drakial

05-15-2011

Can you please give us some info to work with as computer specs and operating system.
Thanks
-Drakial

dwally03

05-15-2011

I have a dell inspiron 1764 with an intel i5 processor, 64- bit operation system. windows 7

Drakial

05-15-2011

Alright. Here are a few quick fixed that often help me out.
Is your game running in administrator mode?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11841-run-administrator.html
Use option 3 you see in the link above.
Also when installing league of legends if you could run the installer in admin mode as well that can be a quick fix.
Is your league of legends allowed through your firewall. If you don't know or you know for sure it isn't you can check my typing "firewall" into the search bar when pressing the windows button in the bottom left.
http://i55.tinypic.com/idugwl.png
here is a link to that part.
Click the Allow program through firewall.
For allowing league of legends through you can easily click change setting and then add program.
I hope this kinda helps
-Drakial

Darkearth10

05-15-2011

Same thing for me, what I had to do was download league on another comp and then take the files for it and replace the ones for my league that wasn't working.

Mappy

05-15-2011

Ok It might due to another LoL client running in background. Also Make sure you are running it under Administration account (sometimes it just does that)

Step : 1
Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete

Step 2
Select "Start Task Manager"

Step 3
On the top tabs press "Processes"

Step 4
Select LoLLauncher.exe (If you see it)

Step 5
Click End Process
---------------------------------------------------------------

This will assure that there is no league of legends running in the background. Let me know how this works out for ya!

AlasChan

06-14-2011

plss help my lol is not working for somreason when i press play nothing pops up to log in i waited 4 min still nothing plss help : /

Elvemage

06-29-2011

same thing happens for me

Pimpmobile

07-05-2011

I am having the very same problem.

it starts at 33.5k for about 30 seconds.
it drops down to 11k after that

suuuuuuuuuuper annoying i have been fiending on my days off so hard.

FkNoob

08-24-2011

i have the same problem on my toshiba satelite A305