Best Champs in Ranked Play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogangsta

05-15-2011

So I just hit lvl 30 and am about to start playing in ranked games but was wondering what champs are the most/least viable in ranked matches. I dont know if this has been asked before but I couldnt find it anywhere so any replies would be appreciated.

Reepo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2011

In general it is best to practice a little more before just jumping into ranked play.

My personal rule is that I would not do ranked solo queue until I could play each of the character classes (I am not a good AP carry still). Until you have full, professional rune pages and significant practice it is in your best interest to avoid ranked.

A few losses can put you into the terribly thought of "ELO hell" where your teammates are almost always really bad- and it is nothing but frustrating. I personally find it better to wait and save yourself the anger and humiliation.

outside of that, here is a post by a very popular high ELO player. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=109533 He tries to keep it updated- though sometimes it gets outdated.

Mogangsta

05-15-2011

yeah i dont plan on doin ranked til a few more of my friends hit 30 and we practice a little more together I just want to know which champs are worth practicing

Selcopa

05-16-2011

Amumu, Ashe, Nunu, Shen, Master Yi are a few suggestions to get started out with. You'll get to practice while you build up their rune sets.

Oogtug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

Alistar, Nidalee, Malphite as well, Amumu is almost always banned at lower ELO's so i wouldn't bother. Learning to play a jungler can help a LOT, if you jungle fast and gank well you can really drive the pace of the game and carry a team a lot easier.

Zilean is also amazing, he can do enough damage to help carry and his ability to support the team is also amazing.

Mogangsta

05-16-2011

Thanks for the responses guys. Ive seen a lot of people say Alistar is very good in ranked is this as an AP champ or as more of a support/roaming champ?

Pyroxite

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogangsta View Post
Thanks for the responses guys. Ive seen a lot of people say Alistar is very good in ranked is this as an AP champ or as more of a support/roaming champ?
People play him as a tank roamer.

Common champs you see are Malz, Singed, Alistar, Shen, Rammus, Olaf, Jarvan, etc.