Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

FPS Spikes (Pre and Post Patch) Problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoRemorse

06-02-2011

How about understanding how engines render games instead? If you've been having problems from that it's ping not FPS spikes you've been getting.

Besides, said advice only applies to wireless NIC's.

Leroy Anderson

Recruiter

06-02-2011

Quote:
dakayus:
I did what they did in another thread and it worked

right click my computer>properties>device manager>network adapters>Wireless card that you have and double click>advanced>Change 802.11n Channel Width for band 2.4 from 20mhz or whatever you have to auto

Hope this helps
Please post if this helps you as well

Well, I decided to give this a shot even though it didn't seem very likely. I went to the places that you led me but my thing was already at auto so nothing changed xD. Thanks for trying! ^.^

Leroy Anderson

Recruiter

06-02-2011

Bump

Fidumaegua

Recruiter

06-03-2011

I want a response from Riot. I'm tired of this lag issue since they changed to the new patcher. BUMP!

Twilder

06-03-2011

If your FPS spikes are occurring only when certain champs are present (Rumble's ult, nocturne, Lee Sin, Leblanc, Akali, etc....) then you might be having trouble with some of the particles.

This thread details fixing the problem: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=726603

Leroy Anderson

Recruiter

06-03-2011

Quote:
Twilder:
If your FPS spikes are occurring only when certain champs are present (Rumble's ult, nocturne, Lee Sin, Leblanc, Akali, etc....) then you might be having trouble with some of the particles.

This thread details fixing the problem: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=726603

Well, the problem is that even if there aren't any champs on my screen and just myself I still experience FPS spikes ever minute. It's been a reoccurring issue with any champ I use so I doubt that it's my champ particle problem. Thanks for sharing though.

Leroy Anderson

Recruiter

06-03-2011

Bump ^.^

Leroy Anderson

Recruiter

06-04-2011

Bummppp

Leroy Anderson

Recruiter

06-04-2011

I am still here and going strong!

BUMP!

StopDrop4Athene

06-04-2011

Well I used to fps spike to 25 fps, now I'm going down to 11 after that last patch.