League Battle - # 1

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2011

Shen continued his killing of minions, Vayne and Ashe sharing the back and forth volley of arrows, and Veigar continued to drop crater-making projectiles from the sky. Vayne had learned to listen for the sound and avoid them at long last. Shen wouldn't have to be concerned with her safety anymore. He looked over his shoulder at Vayne, who's expression looked almost playful. "Don't lose your focus, please understand they're both holding back for the time being, do not get cocky." She didn't turn her head, but he knew she had heard him.

"What do you mean holding back? They look like they're trying pretty hard to me." A minion dropped beside her with an arrow in it's forehead. and a layer of ice forming. "What could they possibly be..." She stopped talking, and looked a Veigar puzzled. He was hoping towards her and looked determined. "What is he..." Shen continued to hit the minion, killed it, and moved beside Vayne. The tiny wizard let loose a cackle a a whistling sound could be heard. Shen and Vayne dove in opposite directions out of the way, and as she rolled the massive barrier erupted from the ground around her. She knew she couldn't touch the sides...Ashe began to release a volley of arrows in her direction, one after another piercing her body. She attempted to life her bow to fight back, when Veigar lifted his staff in triumph. A sparking sphere of energy appeared over his head and grew in size. Shen had recovered and suddenly crossed his arms across his chest. Next she knew a large purple sphere had enveloped her. Was this Veigar's doing... He swung his staff forward, and with it came the massive ball of energy. It smashed into the barrier, and sparks began flying as it attempted to pierce it. Shen was humming a specific tone constantly, and the barrier held. A crack appeared. She understood this was Shen protecting her...but could it hold? More cracks branched out from the first one, and she began to pace backwards. She detected the edge of the wall was behind her, the barrier still held in front. She had learned from attempts before how long the wall would last, and it would be any moment...

Ashe watched with a grin as the electric sphere continued to crack the shield, when the wall had dropped. She looked at Shen, and touched a crystal arrow in her quiver, then changed to a regular snow arrow and fired one at Shen. It headed towards him, but he vanished in the blink of an eye. It soared past his previous location into the gut of a minion, who immediately stumbled and fell. The barrier shattered and instead of the ball of electricity destroying Vayne, her bloodied body stood strong, as she plucked the arrows out, and the frost on her body had begun to rapidly melt. Her expression had changed somewhat. She gave Ashe a cold look, and began to tuck into a roll, and vanished. Ashe turned her focus immediately to Shen, who had also begun a retreat. "Not so fast!" She sprayed arrows at him in rapid succession, and even with his own personal barrier, the frost from her arrows had chilled his body, and slowed his movements. She did what she was able to, when another massive bolt shot from the brush. She was launched backwards but was able to avoid any critical injury. She looked up from her dazed position on the ground to see a glimpse of Vayne, before she vanished once more. Shen was already long gone, most likely recovering at his tower.

Shen looked as Vayne tumbled in front of the tower, visible to him with special vision granted by the connection between the summoners. She had taken serious damage, and would have to heal. "Please return to the pool, it's dangerous to fight with so much damage."

"I have the range advantage, there's nothing Ashe can do with this tower here." She patted the tower, completely unaware of Ashe setting her sights directly on her. Ashe had pulled the Crystal Arrow out of her quiver and was taking steady aim. Veigar looked up at her.

"So it's time for that is it?" He looked at the arrow in almost fear. This was a weapon many champions had grown to fear of all the years in the League. Ashe's Crystal Arrow was one of the most dangerous weapons a foe could face. Even without taking the arrow head on, a champion will take massive damage and the area after-words is chilled so much that some champions are no longer capable of movement.

Shen looked down at his battered body. "After you return, I'll need to head back myself. Neither of us can take another hit without serious consequences." He stood arguing with her, also un-aware of the problem that would soon come whizzing towards them.

Ashe had set her sight, and let the arrow fly. It passed by minions head, and as if passing through a lens, the arrow suddenly grew in size with enough force to pierce even the strongest of armor. She watched ahead of the arrow...her aim was dead on, and if they didn't move in time...

Vayne looked over Shen's shoulder, and horror took over her expression. Shen turned, but he didn't have to see it to know what it was. As he turned his body, an arm reached out and threw Vayne to the ground beside him, and before he could put up a shield, he already felt the Arrow pierce him, and he was thrown back into a large object. The Arrow had pinned Shen to the tower, his body hung limp. She looked up at the massive crystal object. Never had she seen a weapon with such devastating power. She stood up and walked towards him. A pool of blood had formed beneath his body. She reached out to touch him, but a bright flash of light blinded her momentarily. She shivered, the area had dropped dramatically in it's temperate. She looked to where the light source had been. A scale version of the arrow had fallen from the tower and rolled across the ground, before shattering into splinters, and vanishing. Shen's Body had begun to turn into stone, and then vanished.

This was the hardest part of battle. Even if they would just as quickly come back to life, and nobody would die, the shock of seeing any creature, human being, and otherwise die in front of your eyes, was a sight rare to grow accustomed to. She pulled up her crossbow, and raised her hand, signaling her summoner to bring her back to the healing pool. A blue ring shone at her feet, and in a few moments she would appear in spawn, greet Shen, thank him, and head back to the lane with more determination than ever. Veigar looked at Vayne as she waiting to be recalled back to her base. He walked forward, preparing for a kill, when Ashe stopped him with a hand on his shoulder. "Be careful, she is extremely close to that tower, and i don't think you can take a hit either. We should head back. As long as they're gone at the same time we won't get behind." He looked up at her, groaned, and then raised his hand forming the blue circle.

"Next time, at least let me get the assist on the kill. You took your sweet time firing that arrow." She raised her hand in the air beside him, and as his surroundings warped to the pool and vendor, he knew the next opportunity he had he would take the risk.

Lemexo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

great read. keep it up!

I Skip Leg Day

05-20-2011

any more? ^-^

belthazor3457

05-20-2011

Veigar is so cute and adorable. He needs a cottontail Veigar skin to match teemo's.

MajesticRaven

05-20-2011

Singed wiped himself off. It's a terrible enough experience to be eaten and survive, but to be eaten, die, and then come back to life with the possibility of having it happen again is something that he hated about the league. The adrenaline rush would be worth it, but the dying was something he had a lot of problems with. He followed the most recent trail of minions to the location of his tower. Hopefully BlitzCrank had arrived and was handling things better than he was.

Morgana continued melting minions as Katarina grew frustrated at her tower. She stood repeatedly tossing daggers into minions head's as they approached. They were growing more resilient and she was starting to have to put effort into killing the little monsters. Morgana was easy enough to avoid, but her tower was starting to take some serious damage. Every tiny minion hit was starting to add up, and unless she got some help soon there would be consequences. Cho'Gath had already reported troubles keeping his lane clear with Singed and BlitzCrank, so Warwick had been assigned lane duty for the time being until they felt in the clear. She needed to do something fast. She had her summoner contact Ashe.

"A Crystal arrow you say?" She dove out of the way of an arrow from Vayne, and fired a few arrows in Shen's direction to keep him at a distance while she discussed this. The delay from her, summoner, other summoner, Katarina made this difficult, even though it was half a second at best, every moment counted. "And you want me to make the shot from back here? Are you mad?"

"Not up to the task?" Katarina dodged a blast from Morgana by Shunpo to an allied minion, before tossing a dagger at her, only to have it chip and fall off the shield that had been formed. She frowned and retreated to her tower. "All i need is one shot, whenever she farms she tends to stay in one spot. Her shield has made her confident, so she doesn't think a lot of movement is needed."

Veigar looked up at Ashe, she was firing arrows at a slower pace. "What do you think you're doing!" and arrow just barely missed him and landed beside his foot. He jumped up and shot a wave into the bushes. The blast had hit, he heard a reaction and he backed away. Best not to push his luck.

"Shush!" She looked down at Veigar, and fired a follow of arrows into the bushes. Shen and Vayne seemed anxious, they were being much more aggressive than normal. She might need the arrow here soon, but she had limitations on the field, and only received new ones every so often. "I'll see what i can do, let me know when you're ready." She noted the exact location of the arrow, when the moment came she would have to get out of sight, fire, and return quick enough that the enemy side wouldn't notice.

Katarina smirked, used Shunpo to shorten the distance between her and Morgana, and threw a dagger. Morgana, as predicted, activated her shield. "Fire now". Ashe was already in position in nearby brush. She closed one eye and lifted the bow with the crystal arrow already prepared. She focused her vision across the field, to a dead on view of Morgana, and let loose. The arrow began to whiz. With the magic imbued in the arrow, it would easily make the distance.

Morgana laughed at Katarina. She knew her daggers wouldn't do anything. She suddenly heard a whizzing and turned. A massive arrow of what looked like crystal had appeared from the woods, and her shield had just dropped...Before she had time to react the arrow had smashed into her and sent her to the ground. She coughed up blood and attempted to move. Frost crawled all over her body. She was frozen solid. Her eyes darted around, she couldn't move. Katarina walked over and stood over her. Morgana's eyes grew with terror, as Katarina pulled out one dagger, and sent it through her heart.

Katarina looked down as the once-frozen body shattered into pieces and faded. This was good, they had the upper hand now. She just hoped Ashe wouldn't need the arrow any time soon. She moved with her minion wave to the massive enemy tower. She began to chip away, block by block. The tower itself wouldn't be destroyed by regular weapons so easily, so it had a counter of damage. After so much the tower would be destroyed. She chipped constantly and watched the raised arm of the statue firing enormous bursts of energy at the minions around her. They were vaporized instantly of course, but the vast number of minions was enough to overwhelm the tower. She could take a few blasts, but it was best to stay at your best condition during these times.

She backed away when her minion numbers began to dwindle. Only a few more hits on the tower, most likely she would be able to destroy the tower with this wave of minions. Her ear twitched and she turned to the bushes just in time to see Singed rocketing out of the bushes, his giant vile open, and a whizzing sound emitting from his body. She used Shunpo to the nearest minion and attempted to make it to her tower, but he was to fast for her. His massive shield had a lock at the end, which many champions at met their doom by, and she felt it wrap around his leg. He arced his arm through the air and she felt herself free of it's grasp, but soaring through the air into his side's minions.

Singed chased watched as she landed, and he chased after her, poison gas spilling from his massive vile. His main goal wasn't to kill her, but to scare her away from the tower until Morgana could make it back. Details were fuzzy on her demise, but apparently Ashe was known for her Marksmanship as much as her special arrows. He looked at she attempted to run away, and he opened a small tube on the side of his massive vile, and a large amount of glue-like substance fired out in her path. She slowed by a large amount, but managed to Shunpo once more to a minion. He groaned and continued pursuit. He could see her slowing, and she had began to choke on his smog. He had her. She began to spin rapidly, and he felt a large number of daggers begin to embed themselves in his body. It was no matter, he was strong enough to take the full force of her daggers. He put his shield out and grabbed one of her arms mid swing. He wouldn't throw her this time. Instead as he arced her over his head, he slammed her into the ground behind her. A loud crack, and a lack of breathing signaled she had been killed. He laughed. The minions surrounding their fight had already been killing from prolonged fume exposure. The whistling stopped, and his body began to calm itself. His Insanity Potion really did the trick, even with it's power being reduced for the battle. He caught up to his teams minions at their tower. It was already in bad condition from Morgana. He took a strong swing at it's base, and an enormous crack shot through it. The crystal firing the energy bursts exploded into dust, and he retreated as the tower collapsed onto approaching enemy minions and his own minions alike. It began to fade, towers would create to much hassle if they remained on the field.

Ashe groaned. Katarina had managed to kill Morgana, but followed up her kill by getting killed. Ashe was out a crystal arrow and Shen and Vayne had gained the advantage in laning. They had managed to begin to pick off minions quickly, forcing Ashe and Veigar to have to stay near their tower. Minions didn't hit hard, but if you got hit enough the damage really added up, and they would have no protection from Vayne and Shen.

BlitzCrank grabbed Cho'Gaths leg and yanked him towards him, before charging his other fist and blasting a shock-wave through it's body directly into it's gut. The beast choked back it's undigested meals, and turned to Blitz in an attempt to deal some damage, but Blitz over-powered his core and released an enormous electronic burst of power from his body. Cho'Gath toppled over and began his slow retreat. Blitz attempted to follow and was greeting with a wall of spines appearing from the earth. Cho'Gath had taken enough of a beating to ensure his retreat. If he didn't retreat, he would be greeted with another pull pop explode combo, and most likely die. If he did retreat, Blitz could do an enormous amount of damage to his tower. Blitz was so confident he didn't hear Warwick approaching.

Warwick tore through the bushes and onto the field. BlitzCrank was preoccupied with minions, and hadn't noticed him. What he had noticed was an injured Cho'Gath coming back for more, and actually went further our of protection. He raised a fist to attempt the killing blow. Warwick had left the field in a chase of Singed, but Singed had killed Katarina, and Warwick wasn't confident in his abilities yet, so the fact he came back was unexpected. He leaped onto BlitzCrank and before the robot could react quickly began to shred vital areas across the golem's body, including the wiring that enabled use of his arms and legs. BlitzCrank rapidly re-adjusted his system to function, and began to charge his core, but was launched in the air by spines, and upon landing fell prey to a shriek that friend the majority of his offensive systems. Last resort. He put all his remaining power into a shield around his body, and attempted his retreat, but Warwick took a swipe strong enough to destroy the majority of the shield's strength, and he felt Cho'Gath's jaws around the top half of his body, and everything went dark.

Cho'Gath crunched the Golem's body in his mouth, and proceeded to swallow. It wouldn't sit well, but he grew yet another size larger. Warwick would help him with the tower. Two things had echoed across the field. 'Primary Middle Tower destroyed' and 'BlitzCrank has been slain' Things were getting interesting, and Cho'Gath and Warwick began to force their way through the minions and charged the tower ahead.

MajesticRaven

05-20-2011

Guys i really want to ask those who read this, how well do you think i'm representing the LoL world? There's a lot of threads talking about 'what the summoners are' and about the battles and how the commence and stuff, not to mention the personal lore of the champions.

Hopefully i'm not breaking any lore about the process of the league or anything, let me know if there's anything i should keep in mind in the future!

Fratfish

05-20-2011

I'd like to see Master Yi somewhere in there if you could please! This is just splendid stuff! I wish they'd actually announce who was killed in the game! Not just say an ally has been slain..

Fratfish

05-20-2011

And I really like you're explanation of the summoners telling the champions what's going on around the field! It makes it seem more like they are working together as a team! Instead of the summoner controling the champion at will..

Phozz

05-20-2011

It's really really well done.

I am disappointed by the lack of summoner spells though.

MalGeist

05-20-2011

Quote:
Guys i really want to ask those who read this, how well do you think i'm representing the LoL world? There's a lot of threads talking about 'what the summoners are' and about the battles and how the commence and stuff, not to mention the personal lore of the champions.

Hopefully i'm not breaking any lore about the process of the league or anything, let me know if there's anything i should keep in mind in the future!
I think your keeping to the lore quite well, especially considering how vague it can be at times. It's quite invigorating to see a match from the perspective of the champions- especially written in such refreshingly clean and engaging prose.

Even if you do stray from the set lore somewhat, accidently or intentionally, that's not necessarily a bad thing... Taking risks with your writing keeps it fresh and fun for you and your readers. We trust your judgement in what makes a good story.

All that said, great stuff! Keep it up!

123456 ... 9