Rising IP Costs and You: A Visual Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeceivingNShady

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by uCynical View Post
If you think it's bad here, you haven't been playing DoTA or HoN.
I played DotA a lot, and the community is about exactly the same as LoL's

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2011

Anyone released in 2009 shouldn't be 6300 IP anymore, more specifically: Karthus, Twitch, Blitzcrank, amd Corki---all of these should be 1350, by now; maybe a few should be 3150.

Ezreal should probably be cut down to 3150, as he's been around a long time, as well....either way, price cuts should happen sooner, rather than later, especially for the older champions.

CheeseBurguer

05-14-2011

Trundle's released literally trolled the community

Uccisore

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Anyone released in 2009 shouldn't be 6300 IP anymore, more specifically: Karthus, Twitch, Blitzcrank, amd Corki---all of these should be 1350, by now; maybe a few should be 3150.

Ezreal should probably be cut down to 3150, as he's been around a long time, as well....either way, price cuts should happen sooner, rather than later, especially for the older champions.
Price cuts should happen for champions when their rate of sale drops below a certain level, and not before. Whatever ideas you have about what seems 'fair' or feels right has nothing to do with anything. If plenty of people are still buying Karth at 6300, then he should be 6300.

A bouncy Furret

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
Have we ever even had 5 6300's in a row? Anyway, to your point, all you know is what people SAY. What they do might be completely different. For example, there's lots of people complaining about the cost of Vayne, and yet there's two of her in every ****ed game I play. A lot of people talked about how great it would be to get a cheaper champ, but how often do you see Karma?

That is very true. A lot of people do not act on what they say. I don't see that many Vayne's so I can't really argue that. And I see Karma in a lot of games because I have 2 friends that main her.

And let's not forget, Riot sees the forums too. They are making their decisions based on the things we say here, the things we do in the actual game, and tons of data that you and I have no access to.

I am making a lot of assumptions that are slightly backed up by what the community does.

You can say "I want more cheap **** because everybody naturally wants more cheap ****," and at least that makes sense, if not a little selfish. But when you start to argue that bad things will happen to Riot if they don't give you what you want, well...you just don't know what you're talking about.

This is also true however from our perspective it's also Riot being extremely greedy. The 6300 IP Price tag is no longer something of respect like it used to be.

CptSeaCow

05-14-2011

Bump. Very interesting on the IP costs before and after Trundle :|

CheeseBurguer

05-14-2011

Damm come faster DoTa 2,only then Riot will get serious

Cryaotic

Recruiter

05-14-2011

this would be fine if it wasnt for the dumb IP gain nerf.

adwark

05-14-2011

+1 dunno what else to say:P

LittleBlueSmurf

05-14-2011

RIOT's marketing team went downhill when Tencent purchased League of Legends. However, the employees are still great. It's just that they gave up too many marketing rights it seems.

At this point I doubt RIOT employees are actually making their decisions on pricing. It seems like they're either forced to price higher by stock holders, or they never play League of Legends. Which is just sad considering they should know the game they are servicing.