Rising IP Costs and You: A Visual Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Journeyboy

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshtomp View Post
Did you know a multi trillionaire Chinese business is the major share holder in Riot?

It's hardly a problem of "they don't have enough to do that" but more a problem of "we can do this to make MORE money because we can"
Isn't that the point of every game? Lol this isn't a charity for you.

If you don't like it, give a "I'm quitting post" and come back in a week like everyone else...

Sumnus

05-14-2011

Anyone who didn't see the game switching to trying to encourage RP after tencent got involved ahead of time is an idiot. That's what happens when companies get bought out, the company who bought the smaller company wants said smaller company to make more money. Happens everywhere. Riot isn't any different.

Uccisore

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumnus View Post
Anyone who didn't see the game switching to trying to encourage RP after tencent got involved ahead of time is an idiot. That's what happens when companies get bought out, the company who bought the smaller company wants said smaller company to make more money. Happens everywhere. Riot isn't any different.
It was exactly like this, and in fact threads existed that were exactly like this one, before the tencent change.

Misleading math is misleading, it doesn't change.

2pac

05-14-2011

upvote and bump for the plain truth. Riot: statistics are true, but you're champ pricing is lies

LadyWhale

05-14-2011

So many complaints, yet what can we as consumers do?

A bouncy Furret

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyboy View Post
Isn't that the point of every game? Lol this isn't a charity for you.

If you don't like it, give a "I'm quitting post" and come back in a week like everyone else...
Of course it is. But it's being a major ******* to the community. You know who's giving Riot a lot of their money?

The community.

You know what LoL would be if the community just packed up and left?

Nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised if LoL dies out when DotA 2 gets released if Riot keeps releasing 6300's every week.

Journeyboy

05-14-2011

Quote:
I'd like to write something constructive about what you've posted in this thread but honestly I can't :/

You sound like you have limitless money which that's cool. But don't flash your bigotry everywhere. You must've misread the OP.

Oh I'm sorry god of all posts that I did not get your approval.

I don't have limitless money but I do have a brain with knowledge of why things happen in the outside world. It seems like not everyone does.

And I already address the issue with OP. You must have not read the whole thread.

Uccisore

05-14-2011

Hey, I want a serious answer to my question on page 2. This "Average Champ costs are going up" is a misleading crock of bull****, and the OP knows it.

Journeyboy

05-14-2011

Quote:
Of course it is. But it's being a major ******* to the community. You know who's giving Riot a lot of their money?

The community.

You know what LoL would be if the community just packed up and left?

Nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised if LoL dies out when DotA 2 gets released if Riot keeps releasing 6300's every week.
The thing is that LoL is great and the community isn't leaving because of the 6300 price.

They may leave for Dota 2 only because its called Dota 2.

Its not even being developed by the original creators. Ice Frog is a fraud.

Zidane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2011

I've spent over $100 on RP, it's not that I'm complaining that "I'm not getting what I deserve" but it's that we were promised champions released on ALL IP Tiers. I love Riot as a company, and I will continue to support it, but that's not what this is about anyways.

As much as Riot listens and cares about it's playerbase, most of us paying members feel like it's a kick in void to be promised things over and over, just to get kicked a little harder every two weeks.