Rising IP Costs and You: A Visual Guide

12345612 ... 28
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zidane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2011

I remember when I thought 6300 IP was so nice to finally get, back when Blitz, Karthus, Twitch, and Anivia and Corki were the only ones....

It really makes me sad.

Uccisore

05-14-2011

I started this game last summer when basically every new champ that came out was 6300, and people complained constantly. A year later, basically every new champ that comes out is STILL 6300, and people still complain.

How are these numbers relevant to me? How are my 'average IP costs' going up? Every two weeks, I expect to need 6300 to get whatever new champ is coming, if I want it at all. Once in a while, it costs less than that.

PreNerfXin

05-14-2011

Seems pretty intended to me.

Trame

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanisher1 View Post
are you counting the price reduction?
Yes, this is most obvious on the graph showing the number of champions at each price point.

It's also in the other graph, reflected in the average price of all champions.

The average IP price of champions right now would be 3446 if it weren't for those reductions.

With the reductions it's 3387.

Journeyboy

05-14-2011

omg.... you guys, this is sad that people keep talking about this. Its not a "free" game. Its a f2p game. Maintaining the up keep for this game is not free. Their HQ costs money, their employees cost money, the servers cost money, etc. You guys are so sad. Maybe instead of making graphs you spent more time on getting a job and an education then you could afford some RP.

Downvote if you have no idea how the real world outside of your desktop works.

PreNerfXin

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyboy View Post
omg.... you guys, this is sad that people keep talking about this. Its not a "free" game. Its a f2p game. Maintaining the up keep for this game is not free. Their HQ costs money, their employees cost money, the servers cost money, etc. You guys are so sad. Maybe instead of making graphs you spent more time on getting a job and an education then you could afford some RP.
No one said anything about that in this thread. OP posted no opinions; just facts.

A bouncy Furret

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreNerfXin View Post
Seems pretty intended to me.
Because Riot apparently listens to us, the community we "should" be able to stop them.

Although when ever a thread like this is replied to we simply get nice meaningless words and "Don't worry a cheaper champion is coming out soon." Then we get another support that fades into nothing.

Riot knows if they released a champion like Vayne at anything less then 6300 she would be over used / picked but from IP. They would also have to nerf her harder and sooner (I don't think she's suuuuuppperrrr OP like people are saying but hitting me to 50% hp at level 9 in 2 shots with just a Sheen is ridic). And that would decrease revenue from her.

A bouncy Furret

05-14-2011

Quote:
Did you know a multi trillionaire Chinese business is the major share holder in Riot?

It's hardly a problem of "they don't have enough to do that" but more a problem of "we can do this to make MORE money because we can"

Journeyboy

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreNerfXin View Post
No one said anything about that in this thread. OP posted no opinions; just facts.
Yea sure, that why this post was made in the first place...

Just read after the OP and tell me its a debate of "just facts" is happening.

A bouncy Furret

05-14-2011

Quote:
Yea sure, that why this post was made in the first place...

Just read after the OP and tell me its a debate of "just facts" is happening.
I'd like to write something constructive about what you've posted in this thread but honestly I can't :/

You sound like you have limitless money which that's cool. But don't flash your bigotry everywhere. You must've misread the OP.

12345612 ... 28