Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ater:The Grim Soul

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMindsEye

05-14-2011

Ater is a melee champion that uses a scythe as a weapon.

Stats-
Health: 30/100
Damage 90/100
Spell Damage 10/100
Difficulty 80/100

Whats unique about Ater- Instead of using mana, he uses souls, which are gained by hurting minions/champions/creeps. for every minion kill he gets his soul bar goes up by 15, for minion assists, it goes up by 5. When Ater kills a champion his soul bar goes up to max, 100. When he gets an assist on a champion, it goes up by 50. Soul bar does not deteriorate over time.
Q-Grim Assault-Ater uses a quick slash attack(similar to Tryndamere's Spinning slash but faster) that hits all enemies in this path, If the enemy is hit by Aters E ability, it is auto directed at that enemy.--Damage 70/140/210/280/350 Physical damage.--Cost 20 soul--Cool Down 18/16/14/12/10
W-Grasping Darkness-A hand comes up from the ground and roots enemy's in place for .5/.7/.9/1.1/1.3 seconds.--Damage 50/100/150/200/250 Physical damage.Cost--30 soul--Cool Down 25/22/19/16/14
E-Eye of darkness- A skill shot that does not pass through minions and gives sight of target hit for 2 seconds.--Damage 60/100/140/200/240 Physical Damage. Cost--10 soul---Cool Down 15/13/11/9/7
R-Soul Reap-(PASSIVE- Gives 10/20/30 Damage)Single Target nuke. If eye of darkness is applied Ater Lifesteals 1/4 of the damage.--Damage 100/200/300 True Damage. Cost 30 soul--Cool down 100/80/60
Passive-Round cut- Aters default attacks deal 5% damage to surrounding enemies.(PASSIVE- Allows Ater to collect souls-Read above for more info on soul system)

Appearance- Ater Is wearing Dark Clothing With a hood on. The clothing is torn and worn out.

Backstory- Ater grew up in a small village not far from Demacia with his mother and father. The whole family farmed for there income. On a day not unlike any other a group of bandits raided the small village taking anything they wanted and killing anything that stood in their way. Aters family was killed mercilessly before his eyes and just as the bandits where about to strike down the teenage boy he picked up the scythe his father had been using moments ago and swung at one of the bandits. He cut right through him. And when he did the small black necklace his father had given to him as a child began to let out a dark aura. And then all at once he felt it. Power. It was unlike anything he had ever felt before. Within seconds the entire bandit group was dead. He walked up to the leader who was trembling with fear and stared him straight in the eye. The world around them faded to nothingness and with one quick motion he took the mans life. The world went back to normal and Ater fell to his knees gasping for air. He looked around slowly..."This...This power. I will use it to stop people like them. I will free this land of the unnecessary evil!"

"Darkness may have engulfed his mind, but he knows his goal... you stand in his way and you wont be standing for to much longer."

Phrases-Walking
Give me your soul..
Leave me be summoner...
I hunger...
Death is at hand...
I will go...
For my father...
Their souls are mine...
I will rid this world of their souls...

Jokes-
Hey...That's a nice soul you got there.Be a shame if something happened to it.
All your souls are belong to us.

Taunts-
My scythe hungers for the flesh of those who stray from peace.
Die for me..

Death
Father...Forgive me.
Ill be back..Hehehehe.

Skin Ideas-
Formal Death- A tuxedo outfit that looks like van from gunxsword or hazama from blazblue--would cost 975 rp
Angel Of Death- Wearing black Chain mail with armor leggings with his hood down. He has black feathered wings.--would cost 520 rp
If he had a legendary-Crescent Reaper.His Outfit is A Gray color that is no longer torn up. his scythe is a crescent scythe wich has a blade on both sides of the top. All his voicing would be a little bit calmer and less angry.

ChinchillaMaster

05-15-2011

Interesting champ. The soul harvesting system instead of mana could work out well especially with his passive that'll help get those minion kills to build it up.

The synergy of the spells seems like it will work out fairly nicely too.

I like the idea of how you want the character to look, and I've been waiting for a champion with a scythe ^_^

Here's some questions/ideas for you:

Just to clarify, is W an area of effect ability? It seems like it is but I wantd to make sure.

The cost of the E seems a bit high especially if you need it to cast the R. E costs 40, and the R costs 70, and the max souls you can collect is 100. He can't casts the moves back to back since their total cost together is 110 and will need to kill minions or something extremely quickly since he has to hit the target with E before he can use R. Maybe lower the cost of one of them or make it not be necessary for him to use the E before the R. Unless you intended for him not to use these abilities back to back.

Also, consider making E's passive part of the regular passive and make there be no requirement to get E first, I think some people would get upset if they were forced into picking the first ability.

One last suggestion, for his lore, I think you should include something more that deals with him collecting the souls. I think you hint at it with the gem and scythe, but maybe whenever you get around to making the lore more detailed, you could include a bit more substance to that part.

On a final note, I like the skin ideas!

Good luck on your champ idea!

TheMindsEye

05-16-2011

Thanks allot for the feedback. The W is a skill like swains w, where you select an area near you. And you are right about the E costing to much, but i still think it needs to be gotten between level's 1-3 because you need it to use the ultimate. i will change the E passive to the regular passive.

TheMindsEye

03-20-2012

tell me what you think all.

RiP Achilles

03-20-2012

Love that he has ripped up dark hooded clothing, also really like the ability grasping darkness!! WTG Scythe Champions!!

TheMindsEye

07-26-2012

WELL. After hecarim we REALLY need a scythe champ because he is the worst champ I have ever seen!(no offense.) This new girl almost had one. I have changed the stats for the character a tiny bit. His ult is probably a little strong. Still not chogath strong though.

TheMindsEye

07-29-2012

bumpadybumpbump

TheMindsEye

08-24-2012

story update