Frozen Heart VS. Randuins Omen

Frozen Heart 21 51.22%
Randuins Omen 20 48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Frozen Heart VS. Randuins Omen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xMURKY

05-14-2011

Im having a hard time choosing between the two and I would love some insight and scenarios of which one to get

Frozen Heart
+99 Armor +500 Mana UNIQUE Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 20% and reduces the attack speed of nearby enemies by 20%.

Randuin's Omen
+350 Health +55 Armor +25 Health Regen per 5 sec. UNIQUE Passive: 5% Cooldown Reduction and 20% chance on being hit to slow the attacker's movement and attack speeds by 35% for 3 seconds. UNIQUE Active: Slows movement speeds and attack speeds of surrounding units by 35% for 2 seconds + 0.5 seconds for each 100 Armor and Magic Resist. 60 second cooldown.

you can only pick ONE

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2011

id say it comes down to if you really need mana or the aoe slow
some champions like amu i would go with frozen but others like morde/mundo i go with randuins

if its about equal id look more into the other teams comp... if they are more mobile and quicker to hit and run i would say randuins for the move speed slow which is assuming your team doesnt have an aoe slow already with something like rylais or an ashe

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2011

I would get Frozen heart; but I will rush a HoG early for some HP plus free good and THEN make it into Raduins later(as raduins is not effective enough without a bunch of armor/mr and the CDR on frozen heart is really, really good for most tanks/ryze).

Maze

05-14-2011

Randuins for most champions.

Larson McMurphy

05-14-2011

They give similar amounts of armor. They both reduce attack speeds of enemies in some way. So you just have to consider whether cdr mana and the constant aura are more important than health and aoe slow.

This depends a lot on the champ. Alistar for instance benefits more from the mana (since he has such a small mana pool) and the cdr. Shen on the other hand would probably want to get randuins (he has a low base health for a tank, and doesn't need mana, cdr doesn't help him as much because he's limited by energy).

You can't just chose one for every situation. You have to weigh your options taking into account who you're playing, who you're playing against, and what you need the most.

malphismia

05-14-2011

Frozen heart all the way, Cooldown reduction and mana, tanks have a lot of mana problems and benefit most from CDR (most have initiations based off of longer cooldowns).

Randuin's omen was good when the CDR was higher, cost was cheaper, etc. Now, not so much. Maybe for jungle tanks that rush HoG, since they don't need the mana because of blue buff.

Garboq

05-14-2011

I would honestly get Randuins; better initiation.

ThreeMileBlue

05-14-2011

it depends on characters
most melee like Xin, Renekton, Shen use Omen since it provides health and many of them have no mana
most ap support tanks like Bliz, Taric use Frozen Heart due to its high CDR, armor and mana

ComradeHX

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeMileBlue View Post
it depends on characters
most melee like Xin, Renekton, Shen use Omen since it provides health and many of them have no mana
most ap support tanks like Blizm, Taric use Frozen Heart due to its high CDR, armor and mana
Xin should have both, plus touhou blade, for max CDR.

Redenbacher

05-14-2011

Short answer:

It depends.

Long answer:

Pay attention to who you're facing, and what your teammates are using.

For example, a teammate was using Randuin's Omen. I was tanking with Malphite. I decided to go Frozen Heart so we would nerf their attack speed in to the ground. The enemy included Jax and Xin, so this made sense.

On Galio, I'd rather have Randuin's Omen - pull them all in with your ultimate so they start attacking you. They all take the on-hit slow. 2 seconds later, that wears off, then you pop the active - now they're slowed for 3 more seconds.

Ryze and Blitzcrank, Frozen Heart - they both make great use of CDR and Mana.

If I have enemies that are composed of many escape artists? I'll take Randuin's Omen. One more measure to keep them from escaping.

Use your head, there is no black & white answer.