Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vayne vs cait

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HYATERIA

05-14-2011

Ugh, I cant stand fighting cait as vayne. I can never seem to win against her. -.- Normally play as malz where I out lane just about anyone. However, I need a break as him and finding vayne fun. Lately, all I am fighting is Cait. O_O Which I always try to avoid. -.- Any advice against her as vayne?

Hwa Ryun

05-14-2011

Cait shuts you down hard. Just be glad it's not Urgot. Just play carefully, personally, I don't see Vayne as a good mid anyway. It's so must easier for her to get the early game kills she needs with a good lanemate. (preferable one with CC)

Zeikei

05-14-2011

Yeah, truthfully, Vayne's range is such that any champ with decent range or casters that have spells with good range will win assuming player skill is a non factor. I think people like Vayne mid b/c they saw it on the livestream, were it was Vayne vs. Vayne and Phreak facerolled hard b/c his Brolaf came and helped him zone the opponent for the rest of laning phase, but really, the odds of you finding a champ that counters you well in mid is higher than if you were to simply take a side lane.

On to your need of help with Caitlyn!

1) Careful of those traps, she gets a free Piltover Peacemaker on you AND the damage, ouch...

2) Juke her Peacemaker, not that hard as you can see her beginning to shoot it (props gun up with 1 arm.

3a) You'll probably lose any poking fight. You have no extended range skills, so you need to get in her range to try and harass her, which won't work too well as you will get hit a few times with her auto attack due to monster range.

3b) Avoid small scale poking, when you attack, you go in for the kill, or at least almost all her HP. Do this by making sure you can pin against a wall (Tumble works well, Flash due to longer range works better, but off course there's CD issues) if you have your ult you want to use it to ensure that YOU will have more damage output, if you can, still try and avoid her Peacemaker should she make the mistake of using it. On a side note, its even less risky if her passive only has 0-3 charges, she won't be getting a powered up shot.

Basically, position yourself well, and stay out of her range until your ready to take her down.

I don't claim to be an expert, but theoretically, this works, but execution is the hard part.