#2 Update 33% ; Step 1/2 or 2/2 99% Error.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FallenValhalla

05-14-2011

Riot, please address this problem. a few links to give u an idea of what I am talking about.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=733412 <---
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=197640 <---
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=194948 <---
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=715832 <--- (from what i can see, a admin or whoever it was tried to help the resolve the problem but was never heard from again....)
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=744824 <--- (and some are just left un-noticed and un-answered...)
and here is what i have already done to try and resolve this issue:
1. Restarted both launcher and laptop
2. Downloaded latest update for windows, then restarted.
3. Turned off P2P sharing on launcher, saved, restarted launcher
4. Tried the repair option on the launcher with both P2P on and off
5. Cleared Cache from Pando
6. Submitted a request to the LoL support site
7. Changed DNS server to try and resolve the issue
8. Re-downloaded LoL and re-installed LoL over and over again.
9. Turned off firewall and still no go.
10. and yes I constantly restarted my laptop for each and every one of these steps.
11. sent logs by using the option given to me when launcher stopped.

Just to let you know, I will keep on posting a new thread AND number each of them, In HOPES of u actually noticing and addressing this issue.

Arkard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

05-14-2011

If it's getting 'frozen' at certain percentages, then you have to wait. It may take twenty minutes to go from 99% to full, but it will eventually finish. I had this issue at 99% and it went away after ten minutes. Unfortunately, restarting the patcher might make you download the whole file over again.

If you're actually seeing an error, then you'll have to post your rads_user_kernel.log from your League of Legends\RADS folder. Attach it to your next post by clicking on 'Manage Attachments' below the message box where you type your response.

FallenValhalla

05-14-2011

its not that the problem was solved, but i would like to say THANK YOU for at least someone giving me a response. or at least trying to help.

and yes I do see an error.
i think this is the file that u have requested.

Arkard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

05-14-2011

From the log, it's showing a variety of errors near the end, such as:

Quote:
( ERROR)[10:03:23.059] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: perform request failed
This could be an indication that there's something interfering with the patcher's connections to the server, rendering it unable to finish downloads properly. Likely suspects are: UAC, Firewalls, and Antivirus software.

Seeing as you've already tried disabling your firewall, I'd look into the other two.

Also, could I get a screenshot of the error you're seeing when your launcher closes? Or alternatively, you could just write down what it says verbatim.

FallenValhalla

05-14-2011

here is the screeshot.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/unledcu.jpg/

I've turned off UAC and no luck with that.

The only antivirus software that could interfere with LoL is Avira. I also have malwarebytes, but I doubt it's the one causing the problems.
and this might help. I am on a laptop so i am wirelessly connected to my internet. But, my dad set up some ******ed netgear firewall (which also blocks words such as butterfly, stops me from viewing files such as .pdf files online, and all this other stupid stuff). I do not have the username or password to my router to turn off the netgear firewall, but I would say that the netgear firewall is most likely the problem then.

Arkard

Wrenchman

05-14-2011

It sounds like your router's settings may be interfering with the download, then. If you're able to, since you have a wireless connection, you could try downloading the patch at a friend's home on their network or any other place where the connection may be less restricted.

Not having access to your router can really hinder your patching or game experience in general, as you may need to forward ports, or make exceptions for the application. Sorry, but it sounds like you'll have to hook yourself up to a different network to get through patching. :-(

FallenValhalla

05-14-2011

So if I did get the patch at a friends house, where would I be able to find the patch? or should i just
take the whole RADS folder (My Computer > Local Disk (C: ) > Riot Games > League Of Legends > RADS) and replace it with mine.?

Arkard

Wrenchman

05-14-2011

What do you mean? Why not take your laptop to your friend, and simply hook yourself up to his internet and download the patch from your computer? You shouldn't need to transfer files around or anything if your friend has a router that your computer can connect to through wireless(most routers these days have that capability).

If you need to transfer files around, then you would need to have your friend install League of Legends on his computer, patch it, and then copy over the entire folder to your laptop.

Sadly, if your computer's blocking access to the patcher at home, there's no telling if you'll be able to connect to the game servers at all. :-( Having access to router settings is almost a must in most games that have online play.

Riest

05-14-2011

I'm having a similar problem. at33% the updater stops and it sites an unspecified error and says to send my logs. I've done that twice.

any suggestions?

FallenValhalla

05-14-2011

heres my suggestions (basically the whole convo above summarized:
1. Restarted both launcher and laptop
2. Downloaded latest update for windows, then restarted.
3. Turned off P2P sharing on launcher, saved, restarted launcher
4. Tried the repair option on the launcher with both P2P on and off
5. Cleared Cache from Pando
6. Submitted a request to the LoL support site
7. Changed DNS server to try and resolve the issue
8. Re-downloaded LoL and re-installed LoL over and over again.
9. Turned off firewall
11. sent logs by using the option given to me when launcher stopped.
12. Check if you have some sort of firewall on your router
13. If you have any anti-virus programs on your computer, check to make sure they are not interfering with LoL (basically turn off the programs firewall, if it doesnt have a firewall, then don't worry about it.)
14. Go to a friends house and copy their whole LoL folder.
15. Or if its a laptop then just go somewhere with internet connection other than your own and see if the LoL launcher will successfully update/patch. (if it still has a problem than it is probably not related to your internet connection and it is something with your computer.)
thats all I can come up with. hope it helps and I will check regularly if you or someone else asks a question.
p.s. I havn't fixed my LoL yet. :/