Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So how is ELO calculated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatal Acorn

05-13-2011

So, I duo qued with a buddy of mine today, I was 1412 ELO he was 1405 ELO.

We won the match, putting me at 1425 ELO (+13) and him at 1429 (+24). So I was just curious how he gained nearly double the ELO boost when we were similarly ranked.

Fatal Acorn

05-13-2011

bump for great elo calculating justice

Loryk

05-13-2011

He hasn't played as many games as you

Britlind

05-13-2011

Yeah, at a certain threshold of # of games, they stop being worth as many points, + 24 is pretty huge. But the way the elo system for LoL is calculated is a secret.

Spurgled

05-13-2011

Step 1: Fetch player ELO
Step 2: sASDJGASDGSDg,a
Step 3: Matchmaking
Step 4: Distribute ELO

Fatal Acorn

05-13-2011

That what he had assumed, he only plays when i que with him.. giving him a win ratio of nearly 1.6 and under 50 total games played

I, on the other hand, have lots of free time, so i solo que frequently, with nearly a little over 300 games played.. so that does make sense, I just wanted some clarification.

Thanks.