Give me 1 Reason why Vayne is OP.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tale Feather

05-13-2011

No, her damage output isn't too strong until you FEED her. Which is what people are doing. By being intimidating and generally bad.

Again, early harass shuts her down hard. She's depending on either kills or creep count to win. Sheen feeds her additional attack by a large amount, making her a bursty assassin. But so long as people know that, they can continually shut her down.

Why people are having such a horrible time with Vane I don't know. I can shut her down with GALIO of all people.

JunKx

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I don't think shes to far off her mark, but E doing 440 damage when it hits a wall with good scaling seems a bit high.
it should be the same as poppys charge IMO. lower initial damage and higher bonus damage from the wall, scaling seems fine too

lets not forget it has a MASSIVE cooldown until rank 5, unlike poppys charge which has the same cooldown as vaynes E at level 5 when her charge is lvl 1

Furry Mikochan

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunKx View Post
it should be the same as poppys charge IMO. lower initial damage and higher bonus damage from the wall, scaling seems fine too

lets not forget it has a MASSIVE cooldown until rank 5, unlike poppys charge which has the same cooldown as vaynes E at level 5 when her charge is lvl 1
Poppy can't use Heroic Charge as a self-peel. You know that Vayne, unlike Poppy, can use her knock-back ability to escape enemies. You are being dishonest when you compare the two skills, as Vayne's ability is inherently superior as it is both an offensive and defensive ability. You know that the two abilities are not equal, yet you will not acknowledge it because you fear the imminent nerf.

I'm frowning at you. Very hard. Very, very hard. So grow up.

Esaru

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
A 2 second stun and knock back in the same move with good dmg and it scales off of AD. Also you can not escape her.
The two second stun only applies if they're next to a wall, which to be honest, doesn't really happen as much as you'd think. I can tell you've never actually played her by this comment. It's a pretty situational ability. And escaping her is easy as long as she can't get her Q off, as the cooldown doesn't reset until she attacks. I don't know how many times this has to be brought up before people get it

Furry Mikochan

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaru View Post
The two second stun only applies if they're next to a wall, which to be honest, doesn't really happen as much as you'd think. I can tell you've never actually played her by this comment. It's a pretty situational ability. And escaping her is easy as long as she can't get her Q off, as the cooldown doesn't reset until she attacks. I don't know how many times this has to be brought up before people get it
If you are not stunning people as Vayne, you are bad. Don't blame the skill as being "situational" when your positioning and timing are at fault.

Esaru

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biyonick View Post
Exactly, how many times has she escaped an attack and immediately spammed condemn right after? Numerous. It would be different if the cooldown was longer but I had a vayne tumbling all around the whole lane. -_-
These comments are so ignorant

How many times has Vlad pooled right as you were about to CC him?
How many times has Tristana knocked you back and jumped away?
How many times has Nocturne blocked your ult with his spell shield?

If she didn't have this mobility, she would be COMPLETELY USELESS. She needs it to survive due to her how unbelievably squishy she is.

I seriously cannot understand all this crying

Esaru

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Mikochan View Post
If you are not stunning people as Vayne, you are bad. Don't blame the skill as being "situational" when your positioning and timing are at fault.
It is situational, regardless of what you may think. If they're not next to a wall, all it does it push them back with half the damage. The problem here lies in the fact that her enemies are dumb enough to stand infront of a wall, just as I'm sure you do when you're facing her considering your response here

Captain Youl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

she just excell too much at everything high dps, good mobility, great escape, true damage combined with a damage booster (tumble), good range
and with trinity u cant escape her or catch her except if u got 4 hard cc just for her...
dont nerf her to the bones but just reduce one of her aspect so she get at the same level of the commun carry

Whyumai

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falleth View Post
On the other side, it has quite short range and actually needs hitting a wall to deal additional damage. You could as well complain that Sivir's Boomerang double hit deals too much damage, but it would be silly.
1. Sivir's Boomerang is powerful but it is balanced out by the fact that it's easy to avoid. It's double hit is particularly good but even easier to avoid.

2. Btw, to the post that said that Vayne's auto attack range is the lowest of all Ranged Carries. Does Sivir not count as a ranged carry anymore? At 425 auto attack range, Sivir is the lowest ranged carry. Vayne has 100 more auto attack range then Sivir.

3. Vanye has insanely low mana costs with awesomely good cooldowns.
  • Silver bolts doesn't cost any mana! or have any cooldown! Why does no one have a problem with this?
  • Tumble has 2 seconds cooldown at level 5. 35 mana cost! That's a very low mana cost for such a powerful spell.
  • Her highest mana cost isn't her ultimate but rather Condemn @ 90. At level 5 it's only 12 seconds cooldown.
  • Her ultimate only costs 80 mana with a 70 second cooldown! Outstanding!

4. Still waiting on why a champion that is never weak at any point in the game but often can be quite strong at any point in the game isn't considered problematic.

5. While some builds are better then others, it seems like no build that I have seen on Vayne is ever really bad. It seems like she's very easy to build for. Doesn't take too much skill to use either. It just seems like it's a very high reward for not alot of work. Not as bad a punishment if you screw up too, since, Vayne has alot of juking potential.

6. Great base damage, great scaling on her abilities. It's all AD scaling so there's no conflict in what to get for scaling. Makes Vayne very easy to itemize for.

7. There are options to get Vayne all three types of damage. Magic, Physical and True.

8. Lack of strong general counter play against Vayne (armor, hp and MR are weak counters, dodge isn't that useful since there's only one item that gives dodge, etc) . Vayne counters alot of different champions too well (three examples: Singed, Garen and Udyr are effectively useless against her).

9. Same responses you always gets to OP champions. Kill her first. Use Hard CC (except for Irelia). She only does single target damage!

10. This whole argument reminds me of release day Ezrael. Remember how long that took to be fixed?

Coobie

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I don't think shes to far off her mark, but E doing 440 damage when it hits a wall with good scaling seems a bit high.
This is why i max her E first ahhaha.... so much **** burst at level 9.