Another instance is already running...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazy Zoo Keeper

05-13-2011

The patcher loads, then whenever I click play the "League of Legends" symbol appears in the middle of my screen and behind it a small box appears saying another instance of the game is already running do you want to terminate it now.

I've tried reinstalling the game, its running into the exact same problem, when trying to play it opening it it still says another game is running... terminate it now?

I have no idea how to fix this.

ZeroHourAndre

05-13-2011

I just got this for the first time this morning. I clicked ok to terminate and it started up fine so I don't know.

Crazy Zoo Keeper

05-13-2011

I tried the Terminate now and cancel options, neither of them are working for me =/

PsychoFox27

05-13-2011

I'm having this same issue and I even reinstalled, which didn't help at all. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

deadhawk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

im having the same issue, joust press kill the and the game would start wihtout problem, same is by 2 friends of me press kill and everything is fine!

Crazy Zoo Keeper

05-13-2011

League of legends is not on the task bar, in any of the sub bars, or even open in task manager, ive looked through the proccesses even and i cnat find it running to close out anywhere

Arclight Stigma

05-13-2011

Alot of people are getting this problem of the game not starting after pressing Play now.

It's been happening more and more to the point of every time I play now. No solution that Riot has listed has fixed it. The only way is uninstall and reinstall

Crazy Zoo Keeper

05-13-2011

Unistalled then reinstalled it, opened it up, patcher loaded, and i click play.
Another is already running... do you wish to close it now?
I'll post pictures i guess, thanks everyone for trying to help

Tekt

05-13-2011

+1 come on riot fix your game is this bull****

Crazy Zoo Keeper

05-13-2011

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/howtoscript
This is the site to help set up your computer, not sure why it was needed all of a sudden but my mom directed me to it lol...
And then after setting that up going to options from the patcher menu, dont hit play, but go to the options menu in the top right and choose repair, this took almost 3 hours but the game now works.