Clearing up "leash"-ing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SixthDonovan

05-12-2011

I'm not particularly new to LoL anymore, but a term came up the other day that I was unfamiliar with that I wanted to ask about.

I was playing Veigar and my team had a mummy jungling. He asked me to "leash" the blue golem for him as my team went to our respective lanes (it was actually a smart team that remembered to guard the jungler at start! We even prevented a gank! Yay!)

I wasn't entirely sure what he was asking for because I had never been asked for this before, but I ended up Q'ing it from over the trees as I walked to mid and he said "Thanks" and I guess everything was cool.

But, um, just to keep informed for later, what exactly is a "leash" in regards to jungling? Is it just helping kill that first golem so that he has an easier time from then on?

Paul Yang

05-12-2011

Leashing means you are hitting the golem from the other side of the trees. The purpose of this is so the jungler can get some free hits without taking damage.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Its just basically that you (generally mid lane) is the first to hit the blue golem for your jungler. The golem then tries to reach you and as such your jungler gets several free hits (reducing damage they take) on the golem before it resets its agro to them.

Basically speeds up your jungler alittle and gives them for survivability, its great especially on your weakers junglers.

Dunkelzahn

05-12-2011

Leashing is when you tag Golem first and running away, causing Golem to come after you and letting the jungler get a few free hits in. If it's done right, Golem will go after you then turn around and attack the jungler, allowing him to clear the jungle safer.

SixthDonovan

05-12-2011

Amazingly quick responses there, thank you =]

heathenscum

05-12-2011

just make sure you only hit once and don't stay around for the kill. that'll mean you'll take experience that the jungler need and that'll slow him down significantly. blue is just enough to hit lvl 2 with the exp bonus from the utility tree.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

The problem i've found is that this occasionally resets the HP to full once the person drawing the aggro leaves. It's only happened a couple of times but it seriously slowed me down.

FaerellG

05-12-2011

You did exactly what you were asked to do.

Killarus

05-12-2011

leashing = pulling just as on us severs mia = ss on eu servers

Krazikarl

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandraxhair View Post
The problem i've found is that this occasionally resets the HP to full once the person drawing the aggro leaves. It's only happened a couple of times but it seriously slowed me down.
Yeah, every once in a while it seems to bug out. Its crippling to junglers like Amumu and Rammus and the like. More durable junglers like WW are just slowed down.