Singed and rod of ages?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vilaran

03-13-2010

So ive read a lot about singed, and from what i hear, you rush rod of ages and then begin on boots, warmogs, etc.

But my buddy keeps pestering me to ignore everything else and just keep buying rods of ages. Is this effective? From what ive seen, it takes me about 20 minutes into the game to make my first rod, with means it would cap out at 35 minutes. By then the game is pretty close to being over. So would buying more than one rod even be effective, since probably even the second one wouldnt come even close to stacking all the way? Thanks.

FuzzD

03-13-2010

RoA is indeed pretty awesome on Singed. The trick is to not buy any after about 25 minutes. Buy your first one definitely. The first one makes you really tough to kill and actually quite a bit of a threat. If you can manage to build a full second RoA before 25 minutes, it's generally worth it. After 25 minutes, I'd suggest building something else.

Praetor Kamahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2010

Stacking RoA will still make you susceptible to DPS characters without any armor, as all that health means nothing when you're taking ~100 a hit anyways. What Fuzz said about the 25 minutes is a good point to stop, since it takes 15 minutes to max out a rod upon purchase. After that, you'll probably want to get some magic resistance (Singed is fast enough to not stick around for DPS to beat him to death, a single chain armor works fine) until you're in the ~160 range, then laugh as their mage does a full nuke and you're still at 70% health, and enjoy a fling + ult + beatdown kill.

Longshot405

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2010

Signed is my main tank, and i use him really well. Typically, i'll rush out a RoA along with getting either Boots of Swiftness or Merc's Treads (depends on enemy team). Once i've got those, i'll start working toward a second RoA. If I don't have it by almost the 30 minute mark, i'll instead turn the Catalyst into a Banshee's Veil at a later point.

My Build:
Rod of Ages
Boots (as mentioned above)
Rod of Ages
Frozen Heart
Banshee's Veil

The last two items aren't always in that order. If the enemy team is more physical DPS, i'll get Frozen Heart first. If they are CC or spell happy, i'll get Banshee's Viel.

A lot of times, the game will be over after i get my second RoA. I don't have a sixth item since it's rare to get that far into a game. If it does go that far, do as you please. Most of the time i'll grab a Force of Nature to finish it off.

sser

03-13-2010

I play Singed as a tank and I believe Banshee's Veil is a preferable first item. If later in the game I want some extra DPS I go with Rylai's but keep in mind that his ultimate gives a large AP boost as is... I find stacking resistances with Singed works best and your job is to merely be a disrupting, annoying force running through the enemy lines and threatening to toss people or slow them down as well as continuously poisoning them.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

03-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor Kamahl View Post
Stacking RoA will still make you susceptible to DPS characters without any armor
Not totally true, as Singed gets armor from his ultimate, and his ultimate will last for a whole team fight. MR, on the other hand, is definitely necessary on him.

Praetor Kamahl

03-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Frank View Post
Not totally true, as Singed gets armor from his ultimate, and his ultimate will last for a whole team fight. MR, on the other hand, is definitely necessary on him.
That's what I meant to say, but I didn't, so whoops. I usually go Regrowth / Boots of GOES FAST / RoA / Force a Nachah / Spirit Visage (This is where the MR ends at about 160~ish) / Sunfire Cape / Sunfire Cape / Sell boots buy all potions re-buy boots / /surrender

Xocolatl

03-13-2010

I don't see why you should worry about the time though. It seems to me that mid ELO games usually last almost an hour anyway (people are usually smart enough to dmg and kill champs, but not enough to keep pushing afterward). You could definitely get 2 RoA and get both charged up in most games I play.
Unless your DPS exhibits a level on intelligence on par with middle school students, expect your games to last at least an hour.

Pickles

03-13-2010

Force of Nature is needed too. You need some magic resist. Force gives you tons of health regen and best of all, it increases your movement speed. Movement speed is important for a singed kiting and harassing people with his poison. Banshees veil is a good MR item on him too, since it gives health and mana plus a shield to keep you from getting kited. Get both if the other team has lots of casters. Magic resist is indeed important on him.

Melonyan

03-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
I don't see why you should worry about the time though. It seems to me that mid ELO games usually last almost an hour anyway (people are usually smart enough to dmg and kill champs, but not enough to keep pushing afterward). You could definitely get 2 RoA and get both charged up in most games I play.
Unless your DPS exhibits a level on intelligence on par with middle school students, expect your games to last at least an hour.
If games are ussually lasting that long it's low elo not mid. Mid elo games are ussually 20-35 minutes.