[Story] Annie and Friends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RyuuMasken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

oooooh time for something ~*dramatic*~

proofreading is for scrubssssss(read as: it's wayyyy too hot and i don't want to go through this and redo it because i suck)

The child, barely three years old, looked at her bear with a tilted head. "Why d'ya think Mommy shoved us up here, Tibbers?"

The stuffed bear gave a large sniff and grunted. It mentioned the scent of strong magic in the air, tinged with the smell of foul rot. Annie's brow furrowed. She hadn't heard of any magic like that, yet. What if it was dangerous? Were her parents in trouble? Worries flooded Annie's mind. "Let's go check it out, Tibbers."

Annie mustered up her courage and pushed open the door to her room. Slowly, lightly, she crept down the stairs one by one. She could hear voices.

"I hear you have made great strides in your research." A raspy voice Annie did not recognize echoed in her ears like metal grinding on stone.

"What of it?" Her father responded, his voice barely concealing his anger.

The raspy man chuckled. "I've come to make you an offer." There was a moment's pause. Annie could feel the tension in the room oozing through the walls towards her. "Return to Noxus. Share your... efforts with us."

Her mother scoffed. "Noxus? Why would we ever return to the place that was so keen on throwing us out just a few scant years ago?"

"It has come to our attention..." There was another short pause. Each one made Annie's skin crawl. "...that you have come across a particular bit of information we find... interesting."

"Are you spying on us?" Annie's father roared.

The raspy man chuckled. "We have our methods. To the point, our... interest in said research has inspired High Command to extend an offer of return for your little shanty town."

"We refuse," Annie's mother responded almost instantly. "Noxus would never give such an offer."

"I think you'll find that Noxus has changed quite much recently." The raspy voice had a sinister tone behind it. "However, we can't risk such information coming into the wrong hands. It would be terrible if we were forced to employ..." Another intentional pause. "Other methods."

Annie heard something slam hard. Without thinking, she dashed into the room. Her father was glaring at a tall, wrinkled man with the most disgusting bird Annie had ever seen sitting on his shoulder. Her mother stood at the table, her hands firmly pressed upon it. The wrinkled man's head turned slowly and his gaze rested upon Annie. His eyes made every fiber of Annie's body squirm, and his aura radiated of a disgusting sort of energy.

"My, my, who have we here?" He murmured, his wrinkles creasing into a smile. "Such a cute daughter you have. She looks just like you, Amoline."

"Annie...!" Her mother hissed quietly.

Annie smiled in return. "Hi Mister." She said flatly. "D'you know magic?"

"Why, yes. Yes, I do." The creases of his face deepened.

"Me too!" Annie's smile broadened. She stepped forward and grabbed his hand. "Can I show you?"

The wrinkled man paused and turned to Annie's parents. After a tense moment, he turned towards Annie again. "Why, I'd love to see that." He spoke with the warmth of brimstone, "Your parents have some... consideration we should leave them too." He turned to her parents again. "I trust you don't mind?"

Her parents stood, frozen and quiet. Before they had the chance to open their mouths, Annie pulled the wrinkled man outside and to their back yard. She instructed him to sit upon a log bench in front of a burn pit.

"So Mister," She began as she grabbed a pile of sticks from a nearby crate, "what's your name?"

"Swain." The man replied. "Jericho Swain."

"My name is Annie." Annie piled the sticks onto the pit and turned to him again. "Annie Hastur." Annie snapped her fingers and a fire ignited in the pit, engulfing the sticks.

Swain let out a low whistle and politely clapped. "Well done." He shifted in his seat, relaxing. "...for a child."

"Mister Swain..." Annie twisted her hand and the fire slightly grew. "I really love my parents. And I really love my town." The fire grew steadily with each word. "Everyone here is so nice."

Swain murmured under his breath, the fire now taller than him.

"My daddy told me that everyone here studies dark magic." Annie continued, the fire growing in strength. "But they don't do it to hurt people. Daddy says we do it to save people."

"Is that so?" Swain scoffed.

"He says that if anyone like Noxus discovers these powers, we'll know how to stop them before they can hurt anyone." The fire had grown to the height of the nearby buildings and continued to rise. "Mr. Swain, if you try to hurt anyone from this place..." Annie's eyes glittered with an intelligence Swain hadn't expected, "I will destroy you."

The fire billowed above the highest trees in the area. For several moments, only the sound of the raging blaze resonated. Then, Swain laughed. It was a genuine, uproarious laugh.

"Good show, girl!" He slapped his knee and the raven on his shoulder cackled. "But, you can't stand up to my might." His eyes narrowed. "Nor the strength of Noxus."

Annie stood silently, the strength of the fire surging through her. She glared at Swain. "The League. I'll join the League."

Swain laughed again. "And why would a little girl want to join the League of Legends?"

"To protect my town from you! And from Noxus!" Annie's mouth twisted into an angry frown. "I'll show you how strong I am, and then no one will come after us!"

Swain remained silent, slowly studying Annie. "Is that all?"

Annie's breath caught in her chest. Her heart pounded in her ears and her head spun. "I want to kill you."

Swain stood, looking upon a much taller Annie. "How does it feel, exposing your mind?"

Annie stood, holding Tibbers as if he was her sword. "Really weird."

WexAndywn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-03-2012

*Slow clap*

Very well done...Scratch that, AMAZINGLY done.

9261slipkn

05-03-2012

Brilliant writing, all of it. You were able to make me laugh and make me sad at different parts, and everything seemed to make sense, no characters acted/reacted in ways which were unusual or didn't fit their personality. I loved how you had Orianna's body parts spinning around like they do in-game, and also how she was afraid of turret diving, fit in perfectly with her lore.

Don't stop writing, you have a gift.

mememan

06-15-2012

waiting for next chapter

Astraltar

06-15-2012

Must... keep... bumped...

Walkas

06-16-2012

Brilliant. Just well done with that flashback. I eagerly await your next chapter.

Hybridkenal

06-16-2012

Ooo, I enjoyed reading this, Well done!

I only really found the fan fiction thread this month so much good stuff.

Dolan PLS

06-19-2012

I'm no pedo, but you make Annie so CUUUUTTEEE XD XD XD

Astraltar

06-19-2012

Moar bumps

YouGetOwnedNow

06-20-2012

Bumpity bump