Yet another solution to "elo hell"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I fight naked

05-11-2011

Raise your hand if you were placed in 1100-1350 elo when you first started playing ranked games?
Raise your hand if you think the majority of other players were too whether by being carried by good players or just ****ed lucky.

The way I see it the quality of players at 800-1000 is actually better than those at 1000-1300
That sounds crazy you naked *******! how could that ever possibly be!?!?!?
Well it's simple... all new ranked players enter there and that creates an impassible wall of HERP DE DERP i have 150 wins time to play ranked!

Solution: Change placement matches as follows- 30 placement matches, greater range of placement base on matches.

JellySting

05-12-2011

:O i went 6 wins 3 lsoes 1300, then i had afkers 5 games in row 45x5 there you go

nGui

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-12-2011

good but i still prefer mine vote .. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=728912

we can add this there ...

Vreith

05-17-2011

because people get there first 10 games at 1200 area. the games will be better at low elo (800-1000) because there are those people who desperately want to get out of ELO hell and are improving there game for this. although there are those ragers and trolls who will never leave (and it's where there "supposed" to be) because them blame everyone else for being there, the truth is there unsupportive have no team skill think there all elite, and never play tanks (most of the time) its "all aboutz da killz" to them. which if you have that mindset early game in lane, and your opponents arent noobs you will fail. harras is fine, but only kill if you can, not because you think your awesome and you so can do it "cuz der all noobz and im pro" untill they start to feed, then rage for no one helping them...

some trolls get carried by good teams into higher ELO

Que jumping is common lower elo as alot of people dont realize it effects your ELO score

sefy98

05-17-2011

I agree, starcraft used this same strategy. They had 5 match placement and they bumped it up to 50 before you even touch ranked. (I'm pretty sure the practice matches are rated too, but in a separate rating.) Then when your done you have your initial placement, and you can also skip the practice matches.