What kind of content do you want to see?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Opiyel Guabiran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

Getting your act together would be nice. People want to see good quality streams with your spectator mode working. I can't tell you how many times we watch an NESL where just having the Observer Summoner would make the team's client crash. That's just ridiculous. Make sure your stuff works please.

I also agree with the above about the commentators. We miss alot of action when they are shooting the breeze. It'd be nice if they try harder to stay on top of teamfights, especially early game ganks. They really need to stay on top of that. I watch the game to watch the players play, not to hear the commentators talk about something while staring at a patch of jungle.

Lancer723

05-11-2011

Observer mode and replays.

Heathenl

05-11-2011

Okies.

spielkind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

The only competitive Forum I regularly visited was the one at dota-allstars.com. I would like to see:

• Weekly Top 5 Replays.
  • Changelog competitive discussion.
  • Tournament Recaps.
  • Metagame Discussion.
  • Player of the week.
  • Team related news, like rooster updates, accomplishments etc.
  • Commentaries.
  • Competitive scene news, like new tournaments, sponsors, LANs.

Hope we will at least see some of these.

SheepKing

05-11-2011

New map! AND the graphics update!

Al Stump

05-11-2011

I really don't understand how this game was meant to be competitive from the start, yet an Observer mode and replays were not planned from the start.

Riot's lack of foresight is astonishing. One example is that on their modified client that they use to host some tournaments and stream it, they increased the player count to 6v6. I'm assuming this is a closed system seeing as everyone has high amounts of RP and IP. So why is it that one of the commentators has to sit out till everyone gets in so you can swap teams. Why can't the team size be increased?

This is by no means a big deal, but it is rather silly that it happens. Someone obviously modified it to 6, why not more, they are not going to start the games lopsided.

This is obviously just an assumption from what I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepKing View Post
New map! AND the graphics update!

I really wish Riot was not spending resources "updating" their graphics. The thing with graphics in video games is not that they be very detailed or lifelike or anything like that. They just need a consistent and appealing art style. I like LoL's art style very much. Everything in the game fits well together and you can generally tell what is going on. As opposed to say HoN's art style where everything is a lot less clear.

KoolKraft

05-11-2011

Guilds/Clans!

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

05-12-2011

More time zones posted for events so I don't have to do math every time :P

Also, i find it extremely hard to follow what tournaments are going on right now, who's playing where and when...
I just want to know what teams are still in what tournament, when will the next matches be and where can I watch them.
And a better history of matches with archives of the streams would be nice.

Brontobeuf

05-12-2011

Good forum!

- I'd like to see great videos & replays here.
- discussion about tiers
- a stronger moderation.. no wait... a really stronger moderation.

Mugaaz

05-12-2011

Spectator Mode, Replays.

IN GAME Observer channels.
Tournaments show up here, you can click on a tournament channel to observe the game in progress. You guys can use the little blue popups to notify people a tournament is in progress so they can hop in and watch
You can track certain players, if they have games going they appear in your channel list.
You can click on a specific champion and get a list of high elo players currently using him.

Riot basically has absolutely zero infrastructure for supporting and promoting tournament play. All the people following it now are doing so because of the live streams and videos people are posting on youtube. Not because of these forums.