Caitlyn or Vayne: who wins in a game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Resilga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Vayne is great vs the tanky teams though. I've seen it lots.

Dunkstiks

05-12-2011

I've thoroughly enjoyed Vayne so far. I've played caitlyn only a handful of times and I just wasn't all that into it.

There are so many tradeoffs to the two, in a teamfight Vayne should be the only one focusing a tank. that tank is gonna be right in front and she'll be out of range of the other players but because of her w ability she can punish any tank stupid enough to keep on taking the hits. When Phreak said "And i switched to singed for the easy kill" i couldnt stop laughing. for weeks now i've been hating singed so much but now when i see singed i just do a barrel roll and keep moving.

1v1 vayne should beat any caitlyn (even in bush)
in a teamfight, caitlyn needs prep time, the time it takes to lay her traps or use her aoe nuke someone could be dead or worse she could be dead because of the delay.
vayne can roll around. and idk how many times using her ult right after being thrown into the middle of a teamfight i've been able to stay alive just because during the 1.5 sec of stealth the other team can't afford to stay on to me. we'll see how it goes, vayne is still new, the community is still plotting her demise. she may be too op right now she may not be at all its just she requires strategy to kill much like kill ez or ashe or kassadin.you can only secure the kill if your'e willing to blow everything to do it (nasus + ghost + whither + exhaust + diving under a turret +taking the stun *mundo: it has happened before*)

Play both during their free weeks, if you absolutely love caitlyn buy her, if you end up absolutely loving vayne buy her too. you can always farm IP but you should never go unhappy

bob000

05-12-2011

If vayne starts to roll you can hit with peacemaker on reaction.

starlight707

04-22-2012

Catey wins hands down

DashOfLoyalty

04-22-2012

Played Vayne as my main for a couple months and loved her. Now I'm starting to play Cait. Cait definitely has the edge early game. Longer range = better poke. However, I think (though not quite sure) Vayne is better late game, assuming builds and such are the same.

Personally, I still prefer Vayne for the late game murder of the opposing team, however Cait has her perks throughout the game (nothing better than popping off her R on a champ running away, waiting a second or so while theyre off screen, then "NinjaChopsticks has slain ____")

Etherimp

04-22-2012

Cait is a better overall champion, I think. Vayne is only scary when she gets farmed/fed. And yes, she's a mobile "assassin" with good damage and 1v1 ability.. but positioning is much more difficult to maintain versus multiple targets, where as Cait can easily kite an entire team. Cait can be scary from level 1.

d4l3kcaan

04-23-2012

11 month old necro dig up

Sempiturtle

04-23-2012

Id say vayne only because late game sge hits much harder than cait due to her ultimate and if you happen to pin someone against a wall theyre dead late game. She doesnt have the early poling power per say like cait but with a support you shouldnt get bullied out of lane.

Amoc

04-23-2012

1v1 Cait would counter Vayne in the laning phase. Her range just makes it no contest. That doesn't make Cait better though. Vayne's tank-shredding power is pretty much unmatched and with her steroid I don't think anyone can do much more single target damage. Bottom lane vs Cait she'd need a decent support to keep her alive and kicking though. I play a lot of AD Carry and there are games where I wish I'd have picked Cait instead of Vayne, but then there are also games where I'm VERY happy I'm playing Vayne.