New Kat's items...rageblade or rylai first?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celetial

12-15-2010

I have been playing AP Kat ever since I started playing her, and the standard build has been mejai+rylai+pen boots+Zhonya+abyssal.

With the new attack damages in the pool now, it is obvious to look at some hybrid items to see how they work out. Triforce, lich bane, rage blade and gunblade all seem possible. Considering Kat isn't the best farmer type of hero in the game, and AP kat's power lies in how early she can start, my initiative for items have been looking for those items with best gold per dmg efficiency so that I can get them fast and start doing dmg early without having to lane farm too much.

I've learned that rageblade is probably more reliable than Mejai in terms of gold per dmg. It is extremely efficient for early game farming and dmg. It even helps to get dragon faster. But then I am a bit stuck with the question, so if I def want to build Gunblade down the road, do I get Rageblade or Rylai first? (What I am saying is that I don't want to get Rageblade+Rylai+Gunblade in that exact order because how long that is going to take)

Most people would get Rylai because of the slow+hp. But if we get extra hp through runes, and get atk dmg+ap+slow+lifesteal+spell vamp from Gunblade, wouldn't it be also a viable choice to go without Rylais?

I am also considering to go with Rylai+Hex Revolver for mid game and build it into Gunblade later.

TL Frolo

12-15-2010

rageblade sucks on her period
rylais has always been the superior opening to almost any other item on kat

Redrach

12-18-2010

Rylai, Gunblade, Zhonya's, IMO

Getting the Gunblade first helps immensely in farming, but Rylai helps more in survivability and chasing. I'd go with Rylai first, I think.

Kroghar

12-18-2010

Really, despite the buff making her look more hybrid, all of her abilities favor burst damage, there isn't much synergy at all with Attack Speed and that's why AP is still better than AD. The buff is great because now Bouncing Blades isn't so weak in an AP build.

Rylai's is straight AMAZING on Kat, she can slow an entire team from a massive distance, she can get more hits off with her ult, and she can instantly stop runners. Plus she needs the survivability.

Gunblade is a decent option, I'm not sold yet on that one. If you're going to get a Zhonya's, you might as well make the most out of the AP, or push for CDR and get the same spell vamp from Will of Ancients. The slow from Gunblade is very nice for keeping people in ult range, but could also go Randuin's for this if you really wanted to slow people.

I'd honestly just stick more towards your original ap build and just consider switching up your ability leveling order. Embrace the ability to harass from a distance with Bouncing Blades as an AP nuke.

rximmortal

Carados

12-19-2010

Same build as always, just with a Rylais instead of the first Bloodthirster.

CheerUpEmoKids

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-19-2010

B.F. Sword and Sorc Boots, then Mejai's/Rylei's/BT.

Soft White

12-19-2010

Why in the hell would you get rageblade on kat?