Report: Unskilled Player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fflarn

05-11-2011

I just noticed that you can report someone for being an unskilled player. It causes me to ask, to what end?

I could possibly see it for ranked play, but this is a free game, and despite what all the ragers chewing on high blood pressure medication may think, there is no skill requirement to play for fun.

It also seems very subjective. When that level 2 Jax initiates a lane gank attempt against Nasus and Mord in the middle of their minion wave and dies, 8 out of 10 times they are going to blame their lane mate for not A. saving them, and B. not finishing off both Mord and Nasus who are still above half health.

Because it is human nature to tend to believe the side of the story you hear first, the rest of the team will get the impression that the lane mate isn't a good player when that Jax (just to use a champ name) starts to rant in the chat that their lane mate is fail instead of just accepting that they made a poor decision.

Just recently I had a team fight where we had a Cassopia that said nothing through the entire game and played solo mid. She finished the game (a loss) 8/10/14, and wanted to report a player that had a very similar KDA (1 more kill, 1 less death, 1 less assist) and more creep kills than her for being an unskilled player. I was kind of like, wtf? I mean none of us played a stellar game, but there certainly wasn't one person I could look at and say they were significantly less skilled than anyone else on the team.

Can anyone explain this unskilled player reporting thing to me? In a game where there are so many champs to try out, this on top of the ragers just seems to push people into a box where they are afraid to try new champs.

SnafuFubar

05-11-2011

The unskilled player feature is just used for them to tweek their matchmaking system. No one who gets reported for it gets penalized in any way.

Statyk73

05-11-2011

I only report people for this when, from start to finish, the player makes obvious errors in gameplay, even after being coached by teammates to not repeat the action(s).

i.e. Characters with a knockback feature consistently knocking enemies to safety. Characters using AOE ults with high cooldowns to farm minions. Unintentional, but avoidable, feeding. etc.

I've only used it 3 times since it was introduced.

EmperorNapoleon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-11-2011

I've heard rumors it lower your "normal elo", true?

Buffie

05-11-2011

It's so riot knows what reports are from whiny 12 year old ragers. I'm quite positive that if you report for unskilled, all the reports are either never even generated, or sent to a spam report box.