[Windows XP] LoL not even trying to work.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrutalBlueberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

So, I dug out my laptop, and LoL hates the laptop.

Its running windows XP, I meet the system requirements, and Im connected to the internet properly.

I download LoL from the site (US, Windows), install it, and it seems okay.

WHen I try to open the shortcut on my desktop, an error comes up with:
"C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem."

This has happened about 8 times now. I've tried installing it into various folders, but nothing is working. The patcher doesnt even try to load, it just comes up with the above error. Is this an XP problem, or is there something I'm missing?

Every time I uninstall it, I manually delete everything relating to league of legends, as well as use the uninstall feature associated with the game.

I've installed the game several times on my desktop PCs, which are Windows 7 and Vista, but never on an XP machine. Never had this issue.

Also, I have firewalls off, and nothing preventing the game from doing it's thing. It is a recently reformatted laptop, so there is nothing impeding it. All I have on there is google chrome, and some of the basic programs the hard drive comes with.

There is no TL : DR for this. I have listed the info that I think is relevent, and some that is not. I'm usually good with this sort of thing, but apparently this time I've been outdone.

Thanks,
BrutalBlueberry.

BrutalBlueberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

Bump.

All the complaining about servers being down is quickly pushing this away.

BrutalBlueberry

05-11-2011

Bumpski

BrutalBlueberry

05-11-2011

Bump. Still no luck.

I need t3h Tech Gurus.

Shade Gaiven

05-11-2011

have you made sure everything is up to date? I'm running XP and before it would let me play I had to update my graphics card driver

aymanh

05-11-2011

Hello BrutalBlueberry
make sure your windows is entirely up to date by following this guide:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=671824

Note you may need to run it 3/4 times before all updates are caught :-)

BrutalBlueberry

05-11-2011

I honestly didnt even consider that. Not used to working with older machines.

Im doing it right now, hopefully it fixes it. If not.. I'll prolly complain some more.

Thank you kindly.

Samael Anchev

08-21-2011

the link aymanh gave isnt available.

efthimis7nafpakt

10-23-2011

that isn't work.what can i do

sereborned

10-29-2011

ok i got the same problem all the drivers are updated and windows is all up to date still getting this any help on this would be nice i know this is an old thread but its the same prob i am having ty