Does Tank Sona still work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xMugen

05-10-2011

^

TsurugiHikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

I tested in a normal game. Yeah, I did that and it doesn't work as intended. To tank as Sona, people need to focus on you and you have to build enough items to migrate the amount of focus fire damage. Trust me when I say this... the chances is, after the initial focus fire, you should be dead or near dead and if your team didn't take the opportunity to kill their squishes, you're in a world of hurt. Whether you used your ult or not.

Hold Ma Beer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

I don't think he meant as your team's sole tank. Building Sona tanky (opposed to AP) is definitely the way to go. Her ratios are 100% trash and her base heal is decent. I usually go Chalice -> Mercs -> Aegis (or Shroud if my tank wants to get Aegis) -> Banshee's -> Omen/Frozen Heart -> Trinity Force (it actually works pretty well with her) or Rylai's/Mallet.

Trivial Pursuit

05-11-2011

Most good supports should be built tanky... your job is to keep you and your teammates alive, not to pewpew.

TsurugiHikari

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minturn View Post
I don't think he meant as your team's sole tank. Building Sona tanky (opposed to AP) is definitely the way to go. Her ratios are 100% trash and her base heal is decent. I usually go Chalice -> Mercs -> Aegis (or Shroud if my tank wants to get Aegis) -> Banshee's -> Omen/Frozen Heart -> Trinity Force (it actually works pretty well with her) or Rylai's/Mallet.
If he meant that, then you should be building some survival items. I don't see why you shouldn't.