Bad latency/lag spikes, makes game very hard to play.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sidereal

03-11-2010

I have had horrible lag spikes as long as I've been playing LoL. Usually I can play for ~30 minutes with perfect latency then 5-15 min of being completely unable to play. I'm on a wireless network using Vista. I've tried every fix there is for lag on Vista: Vista Anti-Lag, WLAN Optimizer, WLAN autoconfig disable. I tried replacing my old B router with a Linksys WRT54GL but it did not resolve the issue, it actually made it worse. In addition to the lag spikes I know have a 400ms ping.

I ran a netalyzr, and I thank anyone for any help in advance.

Netalyzr Results Page

sidereal

03-12-2010

Please help. I've been trying to fix this issue for months. Endless searches on this forum and elsewhere have gotten me nowhere.

ARsEnAl51

03-12-2010

The lag spikes are related not coming from your computer. I'm experiencing them too since their 'so called' maintenance. Edit: European player on Windows XP btw.

sidereal

03-12-2010

that seems weird because I've been having this issue for a long time, but my roommate has never had the lag spikes.

ARsEnAl51

03-12-2010

Oh my bad, looks I misread your post ^^;. I thought you started to experience this issue recently.

Have you tried to connect from another computer through the same router?

sidereal

03-12-2010

Wireless B router:
My CPU - Intermittent Lag Spikes
Roommates CPU - No issues

New Wireless G router:
My CPU - Lag Spikes + High ping
Roommates CPU - High ping

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

03-13-2010

We currently are tracking a problem we call 'incremental latency', where the performance of the game goes down over time in the game. This sounds like an example of that. Which router was your Netalyzer taken with?

sidereal

03-13-2010

I'm using a Linksys WRT54GL.

DarkSoulGod

03-08-2014

having major lag issues so bad the game is unplayable it makes no since. when at the start of the game every things fine but when ppl do moves or any chars comes up to me for a fight it just lags its kinda embarassing to see this happen to this game fairwell untill its fix, bye riot