This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurise View Post
I see what you did there!

Because people are buying gas in large quantities, gas isn't over priced!

See how your logic works when related to brain thunking?
You've never taken an econ class have you? You would not be comparing GAS and a VIDEO GAME.

Kurise

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdmz View Post
They release a new champion every other week.. yet where are the promised and announced Features ?
First rule about promised features...

Can you guess what it is?!?!!?!!?

Kurise

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
You've never taken an econ class have you? You would not be comparing GAS and a VIDEO GAME.
Comparing a necessity.

Gas is needed to drive a car. Champions are needed to play the game. Unless you want to make the argument that you don't have to buy any champions and you could play the same champions until your get bored with the game.

Or you can pay money and get the champions at light speed, compared to the rate you earn them from simply playing.

Just because people buy something DOES NOT MEAN IT'S PRICING IS PERFECT.

CheeseBurguer

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
We're sorry the price for LeBlanc was accidentally raised - we would never do this in secret without an announcement on purpose - it just isn't how we operate. We'll be pro-actively issuing refunds on the difference to anyone who purchased LeBlanc at 6,300 (the script will probably run next week).

We also know there are complaints about Champion pricing in general and we have lowered prices on older Champions, and Rumble was not a 6,300 IP Champion.

We are currently working on getting access to the store backend to change the price to 3,150, but there is a temporary networking issue from the office at the moment.

We'll be updating this thread with the latest:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=745010

- RiotChris
LoL,really Riot?You guys lowered the prices of 3 champions that most people already have,Rumble costs 4800 but still expensive,please try again

Dabba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

ITT: LoL champs are now a necessity for living comparable to gasoline. Not at all a luxury item that anyone can live without.

/facepalm

Why do I bother? We are so doomed.

Kurise

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabba View Post
ITT: LoL champs are now a necessity for living comparable to gasoline. Not at all a luxury item that anyone can live without.

/facepalm

Why do I bother? We are so doomed.
Necessity for game = Necessity for living?

What?

Gas is a luxury, just as purchasing champs with real money is a "luxury". Both have alternatives. Car/Bike. Money/Farm your life.

Suddenly gas isn't overpriced because I have to use it for my vehicle.

Champions aren't over priced because people buy them rather than spend 20+ hours farming 6300 IP. Oh, you bought a new champ? Now spend 20+ hours to farm Runes to support that champ...wait a new champ is out already!?

Sarvanaasha

05-13-2011

I find it simply hilarious, how people say "buy RP noobs" when these guys are charging ridiculous amounts because they have the monopoly on League of Legends and kindof the genre in general. Many people will not want to quit League after reaching 30 and already spending about 30 bucks because playing one champion every game isnt fun, nor is losing a favorite champ when its not on rotation.

Its like this:
You live in the only town in the world that can still produce gas.\
They charge you $20 bux a gallon.
Do you want to walk, or pay that money and actually go places in a decent timeframe.
Oh, did i mention that the streets are near trafficless and that sidewalks are crowded because of the ridiculous prices?
...oh, and bikes and other traveling devices are not allowed. yes, that includes your cruddy time machine back to when bikes were aloud.

Riot TAUNTS you into buying ridiculously priced RP. And now the are more or less forcing it on us with their champions being as high priced as they are. Keep the RP cost, lower the IP cost to 3150.

Riot, give these people a bike and let them get places like it was before!

Exzodium

05-13-2011

Bump.

Dracorya

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurise View Post
Necessity for game = Necessity for living?

What?
...wait you seriously think you cannot survive without video games.

Somebody call the intervention center.

CheeseBurguer

05-13-2011

100 posts D: