This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bosko

05-13-2011

Its daunting when you return to LoL after taking some time off and realize how many games you have to play just to unlock ONE of the 20 new champions you haven't seen before...plus then you have to get runes for it... Its the same reason I never got back into guildwars after i skipped an expansion.

Disarray

05-13-2011

i agree 6300 is a bit too much why not 2 3150's?

InfluxX

05-13-2011

Isn't it obvious why they are releasing 6300IP- 975RP champions? Riot needs to make money of course, which you cant blame them for..

Auralia

05-13-2011

I dunno, I don't vary my champions that much, but I have 8100IP sitting in the bank right now.

Honestly, it's not THAT much of a problem in my eyes. I also have plenty of runes and quints for my champs.

Here's the thing, the less champions you can afford to buy rapidly, the more people will play the champions they have, less chance of running into a "first timer" every other game.

Secondly, I have TONS of IP at the moment, and it seems to accumulate pretty rapidly to me because I play a LOT of matches in a day. So I'm playing MORE often the characters I already have, during one rotation than possibly someone else would. I have enough RP to unlock a new champ.

If I played less often, I wouldn't have as much IP, but per match I'd have more variety than I normally do, if that makes sense.

For example, I played 10 matches today, everyday for a week or something and have over 9000 IP

Vs I played one match a week and oh look, new champs.

Xhieron

05-13-2011

LOL.

Downvoted.

Really, guys. The champion pricing is only a problem if you insist on owning more than 85% of the champions and you don't know how to pace yourself. If you want an extra champion, and you can't afford it, buy RP. The game is designed that way. I've spent $50-70 dollars on this game, and the only champ I've ever directly used RP on has been Vlad. I did, however, buy a champion bundle, and I consider it money well spent.

This game is free to play, not free. If you're going to play on a regular enough basis that you feel you have a right to lobby for changes to the marketing strategy of the company that maintains its servers, then you probably play often enough to consider spending some money on the game (you also probably play often enough to have the champions you want).

Suck it up and give the people some money. If you like the game enough to feel passionately about their pricing, but don't like it enough to support it financially, then you might tone it back a bit.

Funster

05-13-2011

Keeping this bumped

Sincerely,
An angry customer.

Zealot644

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soifon View Post
No, you stfu and quit acting like a whiny entitled brat. You don't need a ****ing red to tell you that everybody else has told you that threads like this are old, and annoying. You can't take the communities word for it. You can't take somebody pointing it out who's not red?

Whiny brat with a serious sense of entitlement. Nobody loves you that much but your parents, and even then.... with your attitude who knows.
You're the type of person who must just let things slide when they are obviously wrong. Its a god **** video game and I am aware that maybe I shouldnt care so much, but I will say what needs to be said in real life when others wont and I will say it here because I spend frequent amounts of time playing the game. I am not saying that I deserve something above everybody else. I am saying that EVERYBODY deserves something better, but lets bash on the guy who is trying to stick up for you idiots who refuse to say anything because "nothing will happen". Well you know what? NOTHING gets done without saying and doing something.

So I will say it and hope that it can be done. You can let Riot push out overpriced champions that break a promise they had for champions that arent all 6300, but I wont because I refuse to be a bystander. I dont need a red to tell me **** past acknowledging what myself and others have said. So you can blow your whole "You're out of line" speech out of your ass, because you're an idiot.

Merlin4JC

05-13-2011

So if Riot caters to your whining how do you expect them to make enough money to continue maintaining this game? Seriously you dont have to get every champ every week. Some of you kids are used to getting everything you want when you want it but please try and understand Riot's business model and stop acting like a spoiled kid. Honestly I wish Riot would raise the prices on their champs just to get people like you to quit the game but that wouldn't make any fiscal sense either... seriously though I would downvote you a zillion times if I could

Dracorya

05-13-2011

Of course the people who are upvoting this are people who want stuff cheap. Guess what, capitalism doesn't allow that to happen.

And the fact you are complaining about how "expensive" these things are when they are measured in something that isn't even solid currency of any form (other then time spent to gather them) is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonpuncher View Post
Don't kid yourself: your post is being upvoted because everyone likes things to be cheaper. There is no "majority rules" vote for pricing. The free market competition allows choice and supply to influence price. If no one bought champions at 6300 IP (975 RP) Riot would reduce them. I don't blame you for wanting everything to cost less, but you have absolutely no right to demand a lower price, especially considering that the buying trends of their customer base essentially "demands" the current price.

Don't forget the money you're giving them is mostly used to make the game and expereince better.

In other words: I don't blame you for QQing, as long as you realize that's exactly what you're doing. You're whining because everything that costs money should be cheaper in your eyes. Try this mess at the grocery store and see how many upvotes you get homie.
^ Cold hard truth.

The Shank

05-13-2011

I agree that Riot needs to make money, but the amount of time it takes to farm IP is just absurd. I upvoted